Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The Tipping System is Ridiculous

The Tipping System is Ridiculous

Old Jul 14th 2006, 1:09 am
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Tipping System is Ridiculous

Originally Posted by gardnma
Never use one. I find it spoils the thrill of the moment.

Tell me about the thrill of it tomorrow, kemosabe
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
I don't, don't think people do, but wonder why? just because they are fast food? same food services industry, barely, admittedly, but they get paid crap wages too...

True...I will do a rethink on that one
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Kate2112
I'm in your corner ...yours and the tiny ones in your womb (you will be naming one Kate wont you...even if they all turn out to be boys...oh the bullying but Hell if they can call them Marion here he'll toughen up ...eventually)
Oh this is just Bloody ridiculous.
Kate, I find your knowledge of deviant behaviour in the "back door" thread strangely interesting. You must have read some interesting novels.
Old Jul 14th 2006, 1:10 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
BOB!!! FFS aren't you supposed to set a good example.....after all you are a mod.
hehe...well it weren't like I was the one knocking one off over the keyboard was it
Old Jul 14th 2006, 1:11 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bob
I don't mind tipping, would always do it in the UK, but, when at the bar, would usually just tip into a tip jar at the end of the night rather than over here the bar staff expecting the rest of the note to be left as a tip...which can make it bloomin' expensive
Fair comment.

What is wrong with these broads?
Old Jul 14th 2006, 1:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in your corner ...yours and the tiny ones in your womb (you will be naming one Kate wont you...even if they all turn out to be boys...oh the bullying but Hell if they can call them Marion here he'll toughen up ...eventually)

ROTFPMSL......you're on form tonight Kate.
Old Jul 14th 2006, 1:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Fair comment.

What is wrong with these broads?

Excuse me. I take exception to being called broad. I am not I'm petite.

Bob I hope you're taking note of all this bulls**t we girls are taking from this poster.
Old Jul 14th 2006, 1:17 am
Junior Showtime

Oh this is just Bloody ridiculous.
Kate, I find your knowledge of deviant behaviour in the "back door" thread strangely interesting. You must have read some interesting novels.

One does not need to be a reader of novels to know the biology relating to reproduction. Anal intercourse does not require birth control. Fertilisation of an egg is not going to happen unless you have a connection between your vagina and your anus, in which case you have myriad other problems. Does that answer your query...good.

Tomorrow...
Old Jul 14th 2006, 1:19 am
Account Closed

One does not need to be a reader of novels to know the biology relating to reproduction. Anal intercourse does not require birth control. Fertilisation of an egg is not going to happen unless you have a connection between your vagina and your anus, in which case you have myriad other problems. Does that answer your query...good.

Tomorrow...
Thanks, I never quite understood the difference. My wife will be relieved that I have it sorted now.
Old Jul 14th 2006, 1:23 am
Account Closed

Excuse me. I take exception to being called broad. I am not I'm petite.

Bob I hope you're taking note of all this bulls**t we girls are taking from this poster.

In the interests of harmonious posting and to prove I am really not a dick. I will apologize for the Broad comment. Unreservedly and honestly.

How about "babe"?

By the way, my real name is Matt., babe.
Old Jul 14th 2006, 1:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

In the interests of harmonious posting and to prove I am really not a dick. I will apologize for the Broad comment. Unreservedly and honestly.

How about "babe"?

By the way, my real name is Matt., babe.

You'd better bid a fond farewell to the wife and kids Matt.
Old Jul 14th 2006, 1:27 am
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tolos
Thank you for your perspective, Leslie. Just a question though - many topics on this forum seem to focus on the differences of living in the US compared to the UK. I see nitpicking threads about driving licenses, Americans not having many friends, the emphasis on sports, finding jobs, feeling settled. I see very little posts about the Middle East or "World War 3". So do you act this hostile to all members, or just the "newbie"?
She's hostile to everyone Tolos so don't feel like you're getting special treatment
Old Jul 14th 2006, 1:29 am
Account Closed

You'd better bid a fond farewell to the wife and kids Matt.
She allways wanted the insurance money anyway.
Old Jul 14th 2006, 1:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by ukemigrant
She's hostile to everyone Tolos so don't feel like you're getting special treatment

No she's not...only to w*nkers and pi$$ artists...and if the cap fits........

I'll vouch for Leslie and so will many more.
Old Jul 14th 2006, 1:38 am
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute

Waitressing and barwork are quite often done by students that cannot get better paid jobs to fit in with the hours they are able to work.
True, but we are paying for the same service, be it some 19 yr old student or a 40 yr old career waitress.

- what really annoys me, is the amount of people i have gone out with, who will just pay a 15-20% tip irrespective of service! even if its bad service!! and im sure there are plenty of resturant staff who realise and play on that.

Ant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.