Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Tins of Roses & Quality Street

Wikiposts

Tins of Roses & Quality Street

Old Nov 1st 2006, 6:06 am
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tins of Roses & Quality Street

...another sign of Christmas in the HD household.
I was wondering if anyone on the board can recommend a good place Stateside to order 'em from? I normally get my sister to send one of each over but with the dollar getting creamed by the pound I was hoping to get a better deal with an ex-pat online site.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Sentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tins of Roses & Quality Street

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
I was wondering if anyone on the board can recommend a good place Stateside to order 'em from? I normally get my sister to send one of each over but with the dollar getting creamed by the pound I was hoping to get a better deal with an ex-pat online site.

Try Sam's B.J's or Costco but check on the label that they are made in England and not under license from Hurshey
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:09 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

could also try amazon...
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:16 am

Scarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond repute

My mum will bring mine direct from Woolworth's. She comes every Christmas with tins and tins of Qual. Streets, veggie gravy granules, christmas puddings, chestnuts, English stuffing mix, Walkers shortcake, Aeros, Cadbury's and on and on... From her suitcase to our mouths!

I try to tell her we can get all that stuff here, but she brings it anyway. Last year, she brought MASSES of gravy granules and the packets burst in transit. She was also outraged because they took her crackers off her at the airport.

Regards
-=-
Scarlett

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy

Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sentosa
Try Sam's B.J's or Costco but check on the label that they are made in England and not under license from Hurshey
I've never seen them in Costco.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 1:07 am
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
could also try amazon...
Found a 2lb tin of Quality Street on Amazon for around $30.00 with shipping.