Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Time to get this sorted out...

Time to get this sorted out...

Old Jan 6th 2012, 12:29 am
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

ljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time to get this sorted out...

What was the interview like?
Old Jan 6th 2012, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
When I applied for my green card I had to go to a Fed building in Newark, NJ (what a dump - ancient tattered curtains falling off the rails, water stains down the walls etc) and as far as I recall, they basically took a photo and fingerprints.
Sounds about right - whatever it is that the Federal government is wasting our money on it certainly isn't the decor or furniture in the USCIS Application Support Centers - even the California DMV offices look better ...
Old Jan 6th 2012, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ljaw2002uk
What was the interview like?
This is what I experienced in Buffalo, NY. The lady who interviewed me was like a robot, very serious, and the interview lasted about 25 minutes.

I was placed under oath upon entering the interview room and asked to sign a form confirming that I understood I was under oath and that I would be guilty of purgery should I be found to be lying in my interview.

It started off with the English writing and reading test, which was one short sentence in each case.

Then the civics test, which was 10 random question from the 100 that the USCIS uses. Based on 60% pass rate, she asked me the first six, which I got right and she stopped.

Then we reviewed the application and ran through a load of "Have you ever..." and "Are you willing to..." yes/no, sort of questions. If necessary some answers required additional details which were written down.

I was then told that my application would be approved and was asked to review and sign a form which contained the wording of the oath ceremony. I needed to sign it to confirm that I had no problem going through with the oath ceremony.

She then wandered out of the room and came back with a piece of paper telling me when and where my oath ceremony would be (next Thursday).