Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Time Flies - Sept 11th Attacks were Four Years Ago

Wikiposts

Time Flies - Sept 11th Attacks were Four Years Ago

Old Sep 11th 2005, 7:04 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time Flies - Sept 11th Attacks were Four Years Ago

Originally Posted by rincewind
I just don't get it.

I guess I just handle things differently. The constant regurgitation or tragedy does nothing but anger me. Especially during the New Orleans crisis. Live for today, not yesterday. Some people are feeling a little unaided right now.

I guess today is the day I need to avoid all forms of media.
See me blog, maybe that will help you get it.
As I said I agree but it is the anniversary, I am getting tired of the paranoia since 911. New Orleans proves that the people at the top either don't care, haven't got a clue or both. These lame brains will still be defenseless for the next terror attack or if ' The Big One' ever hits CA etc. etc. It's all about politics, control and money.
Old Sep 11th 2005, 7:10 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
See me blog, maybe that will help you get it.
As I said I agree but it is the anniversary, I am getting tired of the paranoia since 911. New Orleans proves that the people at the top either don't care, haven't got a clue or both. These lame brains will still be defenseless for the next terror attack or if ' The Big One' ever hits CA etc. etc. It's all about politics, control and money.

Saw your blog and it was good. There is nothing wrong with pausing and reflecting-doesn't mean spiralling into depression, or paranoia or anything, just a brief moment when you think of someone else and how your life was touched by them even in a mundane way.
Old Sep 11th 2005, 7:13 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

To somebody whose house, neighbourhood, town is wiped out, it is as bad as a tsunami. Using the approach that only events that equal "the tsunami" qualify for the comparison, you have to have a different name for the lesser, previous, tsunamis.

We should remember the past for it's lessons, we learn from experience.

Perhaps instead of mourning the deaths of people killed in the past we should celebrate their lives. Right off, I don't know how to do this for people I don't know, but people who use the other side of their brains can figure it out, I'm sure.
Old Sep 11th 2005, 7:37 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Saw your blog and it was good. There is nothing wrong with pausing and reflecting-doesn't mean spiralling into depression, or paranoia or anything, just a brief moment when you think of someone else and how your life was touched by them even in a mundane way.
Mundane way? So you have seen me play football then?
Old Sep 11th 2005, 7:52 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Mundane way? So you have seen me play football then?

Aw bless, meant as normal not as a dig,
Old Sep 11th 2005, 7:55 am
Winterwords

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
To somebody whose house, neighbourhood, town is wiped out, it is as bad as a tsunami. Using the approach that only events that equal "the tsunami" qualify for the comparison, you have to have a different name for the lesser, previous, tsunamis.
No, the difference in my mind is that the tsunami near Phuket effected a poor country & killed nearlly quarter of a million *without warning*.

America is the richest nation & only super power, it had warning regarding Katrina & yet action wasn't taken. I'm sure the States could've afforded to lay on the school buses & other means of transport for those who had no other means to evacuate.

(Sorry to continue off topic).

Old Sep 11th 2005, 8:11 am
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by Winterwords
No, the difference in my mind is that the tsunami near Phuket effected a poor country & killed nearlly quarter of a million *without warning*.

America is the richest nation & only super power, it had warning regarding Katrina & yet action wasn't taken. I'm sure the States could've afforded to lay on the school buses & other means of transport for those who had no other means to evacuate.

I had read that the school buses were part of the evacuation plan they had in place but a photo showed a good many underwater.
Old Sep 11th 2005, 8:16 am
Winterwords

Originally Posted by cindyabs
I had read that the school buses were part of the evacuation plan they had in place but a photo showed a good many underwater.
Yeah, I believe they were in a plan for evacuation as well - too bad they didn't actually seem to execute any form of plan to evacuate people (I think I saw the photo you refer to - many many school buses all parked up & flooded).

Old Sep 11th 2005, 9:05 am
Ivegotta Member

Triumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Winterwords

A spokesperson the 60's band "The Animals" has today made a public apology saying they were mistaken and there isn't a house in New Orleans
after all