Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Thousand Oaks, California

Thousand Oaks, California

Old Mar 1st 2011, 12:28 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thousand Oaks, California

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
That was for missing Nicky

the Sagebrush was our 'local'.
well if I move down, we can hook up for a drink and a good greet!
Old Mar 1st 2011, 12:29 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

That was for missing Nicky

the Sagebrush was our 'local'.
I'm sorry luv, I miss it too
Old Mar 1st 2011, 12:31 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
Yes, parts of it, but wasted time telling myself how much better America would be

It's nice, it can get very busy though.

Will you be renting or buying? We rented the same house for the 2.5 years we were there, we had a good size house with a pool on a nice street and paid the equivalent of $1 per sq ft, seemed reasonable to me. We could have got something much cheaper but not as nice. If we had gone further out TO way we could have got something much bigger for the same price also.
Well depends - If I get there and can only stomach 2 years or so, they we may rent and $1 per sq ft is great! if longer and we had to put down roots the we'd buy. Are there alot of foreclosures?
Old Mar 1st 2011, 12:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dollface
well if I move down, we can hook up for a drink and a good greet!
Aye lassie
I'm sorry luv, I miss it too
Old Mar 1st 2011, 12:32 am

Aye lassie

Old Mar 1st 2011, 12:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Are there alot of foreclosures?
2 on our street alone.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 12:38 am

2 on our street alone.
it's sad - but someone has to benefit - banks don't want them.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 12:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

it's sad - but someone has to benefit - banks don't want them.
It certainly seems like a good time to buy, assuming they will rise again eventually.

If you did decide on Newbury Park, you get quite a bit for your money ( relative to closer into LA).
Old Mar 1st 2011, 12:42 am

It certainly seems like a good time to buy, assuming they will rise again eventually.

If you did decide on Newbury Park, you get quite a bit for your money ( relative to closer into LA).
Is it nicer there or TO? I'd be scared that if I bought and hated it I couldn't get the money out to go back to UK.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 12:44 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Is it nicer there or TO? I'd be scared that if I bought and hated it I couldn't get the money out to go back to UK.
It's all the same. What part of the UK are you from?
Old Mar 1st 2011, 12:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Newbury Park feels more like the back of beyond though I think. You expect to see a T Rex march over the hill
Old Mar 1st 2011, 12:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Did ye no catch oor Scottish banter?
Old Mar 1st 2011, 12:47 am

Edinburgh - nice shops, restaurants/bars alot of them different, not all same old strip malls with chain restaurants and souless everything else mind you the girls with the fake tans and nails would work in LA
Old Mar 1st 2011, 12:47 am

Newbury Park feels more like the back of beyond though I think. You expect to see a T Rex march over the hill
Blimey just shoot me now
Old Mar 1st 2011, 12:51 am

Edinburgh - nice shops, restaurants/bars alot of them different, not all same old strip malls with chain restaurants and souless everything else mind you the girls with the fake tans and nails would work in LA
Argh, I did know that. One of my favorite places in the world. I was going to do some clever comparison to explain the non-difference between TO and Newbury Park (like Whitby and Filey are the same place), but it doesn't work for such a beautiful city.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.