Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Thinking about purchasing a home in Miami

Thinking about purchasing a home in Miami

Old Dec 18th 2009, 5:38 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thinking about purchasing a home in Miami

Originally Posted by Cat Whisperer
Hear hear!!
You and Helwardwoman can do the welcoming committee then and lead by example. Happy clappy realtor style with a dash of preacher should be amusing.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 5:43 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

To be honest, the post in question, is fine. It depends how you read it.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

helwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Pair of wimps .....
Idiot.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

helwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
You and Helwardwoman can do the welcoming committee then and lead by example. Happy clappy realtor style with a dash of preacher should be amusing.
...some people just don't like to hear the truth about themselves do they?
Old Dec 18th 2009, 5:55 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helwardman
...some people just don't like to hear the truth about themselves do they?
Well all I can say is thank gawd we've got you to lead us to salvation.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 6:24 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
Nobody is going to entertain those questions until you explain how you will get legal authorisation to live and work in the USA.

Many people want to come to the USA, but over 99% of them don't have a sniff of getting a visa.

Perhaps you could start by giving some info in that area - if you don't have a chance of a visa then all other questions are irrelevant.

Helwardman:

Re read the above without your thumb in your mouth.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 6:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I have an idea.

There should be a code for people asking questions here, along the lines of 'no agents', to be added at the end of the post.

eg

"I have visited US on holiday and would like to live there. Can you give me some information please. POSITIVE ONLY"
Old Dec 18th 2009, 6:29 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Well all I can say is thank gawd we've got you to lead us to salvation.
Attached Thumbnails Thinking about purchasing a home in Miami-masaccio_verdrijving.jpg  
Old Dec 18th 2009, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Cat Whisperer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
What would you prefer... a) a bunch of mushy, oozy posts entreating you to go ahead and spend your hard-earned money on a nice house and all will be rosy tomorrow morning when the sun once again shines oh, so sweetly on the good earth; or b) a bunch of right-to-the-point posts warning you of the dangers of buying a house in the US without any forethought whatsoever as to whether or not you can actually ever live in that house?

I don't know about you, but I'd prefer the hard-nose approach - a jolt of reality never hurts.

Ian
Or how about c) somewhere in the middle? Nothing wrong with the truth, but there are nicer ways to break bad news to them.

And now I'm going to risk the wrath of a lot of the BE people here and go out on a limb by saying something that has bothered me for a while: A lot of your answers to these naive people are downright nasty and remind me of school bullys all sniggering together. So I know there are forum ettiquette rules they are breaking (general rules, not specifically BE) such as searching for previous relevent posts or looking at the sticky for visas etc, but I think a lot of people actually take pleasure in flaming them down. It's turned into a sport! I understand you get fed up with answering the same questions over and over, but why doesn't somebody be constructive and create a quick copy and paste answer telling them to search and look at the sticky? And then everybody else can ignore it!

Come on guys, where are your manners? After all, we are British!

OK, I've got that off my chest, now you can be the good sports that you are and flame me down too
Old Dec 18th 2009, 7:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
at your age I usually insist on wet suits ....
keeps them off your knees
Spaniels ears...I'd have surgery if they got like that.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 8:09 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Spaniels ears...I'd have surgery if they got like that.
LOL ..your in denial already ....
Old Dec 18th 2009, 8:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Or how about c) somewhere in the middle? Nothing wrong with the truth, but there are nicer ways to break bad news to them.

And now I'm going to risk the wrath of a lot of the BE people here and go out on a limb by saying something that has bothered me for a while: A lot of your answers to these naive people are downright nasty and remind me of school bullys all sniggering together. So I know there are forum ettiquette rules they are breaking (general rules, not specifically BE) such as searching for previous relevent posts or looking at the sticky for visas etc, but I think a lot of people actually take pleasure in flaming them down. It's turned into a sport! I understand you get fed up with answering the same questions over and over, but why doesn't somebody be constructive and create a quick copy and paste answer telling them to search and look at the sticky? And then everybody else can ignore it!

Come on guys, where are your manners? After all, we are British!

OK, I've got that off my chest, now you can be the good sports that you are and flame me down too
If we made stickies to cover the questions asked by new members the first page of the forum would be full of them...and I bet they still wouldn't read them. What's the difference between asking someone to look at a sticky vs asking them to look in the Wiki or search for past threads?
Old Dec 18th 2009, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Cat Whisperer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
If we made stickies to cover the questions asked by new members the first page of the forum would be full of them...and I bet they still wouldn't read them. What's the difference between asking someone to look at a sticky vs asking them to look in the Wiki or search for past threads?
No difference, and I didn't mean new stickies. I meant a standard answer that somebody could paste in refering to relevent stickies, wikis, and past threads. Then they are pointed in the right direction without everybody having to chime their tuppence worth in.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 8:33 pm
Septicity

Or how about c) somewhere in the middle?
Well there's an idea, Shirley! Is Helwardsman Dr David or Roy?
Old Dec 18th 2009, 8:35 pm
Septicity

No difference, and I didn't mean new stickies. I meant a standard answer that somebody could paste in refering to relevent stickies, wikis, and past threads. Then they are pointed in the right direction without everybody having to chime their tuppence worth in.
It's called a wiki. If you want to write a page for "I want a holiday home in Florida" then we already have the facility here. And links at the top to point to it. Get writing and stick it up there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.