Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Think I'm going to 'self-combust' LOL

Think I'm going to 'self-combust' LOL

Old Jul 7th 2003, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

whatever will become famous soon enoughwhatever will become famous soon enough
Default Think I'm going to 'self-combust' LOL

I know that this part of the NG is really for those of you that have successfully crossed the pond, but I just want to know if any of you can relate.
We have our GC interview in just a few days time and I am a quivering mess! Our paperwork is organised beyond belief. Never in my life have I been so organised and ready for anything.
A couple of months back I was just plain excited but NOW I am SO nervous I feel constantly sick with worry and just can't seem to shake it off -Am I just hyper sensitive?
I keep checking, double checking, triple checking our documents, I'm day/night dreaming about the whole thing, running both the accepted and denied senario's through my head. It's turning my stomach inside out and maxing my brain out!
Did anyone else feel like this before their interview??? Anyone got a sedative?!?!?!
Old Jul 7th 2003, 4:23 pm
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Think I'm going to 'self-combust' LOL

Originally posted by whatever
I know that this part of the NG is really for those of you that have successfully crossed the pond, but I just want to know if any of you can relate.
We have our GC interview in just a few days time and I am a quivering mess! Our paperwork is organised beyond belief. Never in my life have I been so organised and ready for anything.
A couple of months back I was just plain excited but NOW I am SO nervous I feel constantly sick with worry and just can't seem to shake it off -Am I just hyper sensitive?
I keep checking, double checking, triple checking our documents, I'm day/night dreaming about the whole thing, running both the accepted and denied senario's through my head. It's turning my stomach inside out and maxing my brain out!
Did anyone else feel like this before their interview??? Anyone got a sedative?!?!?!

I'm not quite in the same situation, but I am going to London for my K3 interview and medical on Friday.
I can completely relate to the way you're feeling, I've known about this for about three weeks and the fear and nerves are bubbling up quite nicely!
Knowing that one person has your future at their discretion worries me,I think I'm definitely going to need something to calm me down on the day! :scared:
Old Jul 7th 2003, 5:30 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

I understand what you're going through. I am getting anxious too and I don't even have an interview date yet! All I know is that I am expecting it within the next two weeks. It's terrifying knowing someone you don't know holds your future in their hands. The longer I wait the more anxious I get. My packet 3 was received on June 2nd and I still haven't heard anything. It's driving me crazy! The more I wait the more I start to worry about all my paperwork and I keep checking and double checking it. I just wish I had a date and could get it out of the way. This is worse than Chinese torture! :scared:
Old Jul 7th 2003, 5:55 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

If your paperwork is in order, it will be a breeze, I had my AOS interview over here in Tampa, we was worried sick for a year, The interview lasted all of 8 minutes, I heard the words approved, then felt utterly depressed, what an anti-climax after all those months....Be bright, cheerful and friendly, it will flash by...
Old Jul 9th 2003, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

whatever will become famous soon enoughwhatever will become famous soon enough

Oh I am so praying for an 8 minute breeeeeeeeeeze interview.
So glad yours was a success and hope the depression passed quickly....... as for those of you that are still waiting to get it going, ALL the luck in the world to you (saving a little for myself of course

I stayed off the forum yesterday on purpose to give myself a 'day off' and try to concentrate on other things....... unfortunately, it doesn't stop you logging on in your brain LOL!
So there I am stripping wallpaper and the whole time I'm thinking, 'okay, got all the certificates, got to get the photos.... hmmm when shall we get the photos? Got to remember to take the credit card... oh my god what if the 4 alarm clocks don't go off on THE morning?!??!.. I know, I'll get the operator to call too...my husbands out for an event the night before, shall I tell him to stay off the booze so the medical doesn't make him out to look like a beer head?!?! Should we have seen a solicitor? Is it too late to see one now? Nahhh it will be okay. Shall I take a book to read? Wonder if anyone has ever had a heart attack from nerves during the interview? Wonder if i'll be the first one.....' you get my point!
Soon, it will be over and I will resume to my normal self, and AM I LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT!
Old Jul 9th 2003, 9:57 am
Just Joined

debs36 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to let you know - the worse thing about the interview was the getting up really early!!! (but nerves definately played a huge part too!)
We got up at 5.30am took the train into London, had a coffee, then queued outside the Doctors with about 10 other couples!
Then the race was on ....fill out all the paperwork in the Doctors as fast as possible otherwise you will be last to see them (as we was!!)
then proceed to Embassy (nerves building up!) interview was about 5 mins worth - (but we waited for about 2 hours )if you have kids take them (or borrow some!! lol ) mine proceed to make lots of noise and yank all the toys out etc...... I think they were glad to get rid of us!! The kids must have done about 10 loo trips while we were waiting!
But honestly they were really nice - and made us feel at ease - and only asked one passport question regarding my daughter- maybe as it was very near to lunchtime!!

Good Luck to all of you

Ps - when its all over get to the nearest pub - and have a few drinks ! (but you will still be shell shocked)

Last edited by debs36; Jul 9th 2003 at 9:59 am.
Old Jul 9th 2003, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

hhmaker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Think I'm going to 'self-combust' LOL

Originally posted by whatever
Do not worry. My GC interview took all of 5 mins. It really was a zero event. Good luck