Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Things you'd never have to do back home.

Things you'd never have to do back home.

Old Mar 28th 2005, 6:39 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough
Wink Things you'd never have to do back home.

I could be wrong.... but I don't think I'd have to go buy crickets once a week. (Just remembered that I was suposed to get 2 dozen while I was out)

Last time the ones I got were too big and I had to masacre them when they all hopped out in the kitchen.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 6:42 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough
Cool Re: Things you'd never have to do back home.

I should say that they are to feed the frogs my neibor bought the kids 3 years ago and I never expected to live this long.

We are down to zero hamsters. (Except the one we lost, but technically who knows if he even still lives with us cos I've never seen him)

...and one dog, that eats a bag of dog food the size of an economy car every week. At that size shouldn't the dog be required to go get the bag out of the flippin trunk itself. (Ohhhh am I in a pissy mood huh?)

Have you ever had to explain doing something to a British relative wondering if they think you've lost it?
Old Mar 28th 2005, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things you'd never have to do back home.

During the summer I would never have to hide in the house between dusk and dawn... don't ya just love the mosi's in the summer

Ash
Old Mar 28th 2005, 6:53 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

never need to mow the lawn on a riding mower back home.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Never had to load a gun
Care for koi.
Feed parrots.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 7:04 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
During the summer I would never have to hide in the house between dusk and dawn... don't ya just love the mosi's in the summer
So true...but the daddy long legs would come out to play instead *lol*

Things wouldn't have to do...go to redemption centre to get all those bottle deposits back...
Old Mar 28th 2005, 7:17 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
never need to mow the lawn on a riding mower back home.
Get a goat or two! Pet and lawn mower rolled into one.

NC Penguin
Old Mar 28th 2005, 7:33 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Get a goat or two! Pet and lawn mower rolled into one.
followed by cashmere and dinner later down the line
Old Mar 28th 2005, 7:34 pm
ImHere

I never had to buy an extra pistol safe because there wasnt room with my shotguns for the handguns and ammo.

I also never had to climb into the back of my obscenely large truck to get the shopping out.

Oh and I never had to wear suncream to stop me burning while surfing or sunbathing on the beach in March.

And I never had to wear shorts while playing a round of golf in January.

Old Mar 28th 2005, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Things wouldn't have to do...go to redemption centre to get all those bottle deposits back...
I think that is great... they should have them in the UK... you will hardly ever see can's and bottles laid round in the streets.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 7:37 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

care for Koi (me as well Tony)
learn how to use a pool filter
check shoes for black widow spiders
buy girl scout cookies
have a palm tree removed
have a bee-hive removed
explain why I dont go to church
unblock a toilet
tip !!!!!
filter water
Old Mar 28th 2005, 7:56 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

I think that is great... they should have them in the UK... you will hardly ever see can's and bottles laid round in the streets.
principle I don't mind...but it's a ******' deposit you pay on top of the drinks...even in cafe's and stuff, it's on top, and then they go collect the bottles for themselves, cheeky arseholes...and there's still loads of bottles and shite littered around, so it don't work...need more homeless people to collect them, big money in NY apparantly...
Old Mar 28th 2005, 8:01 pm
ImHere

I keep getting bottles of stuff that tell me I can get 5c back if i return them to CA. Wonder how many I'll need to return to cover the UPS cost?

Old Mar 28th 2005, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

Go to the end of the driveway for the mail and newspaper.
Shovel snow.
Go to the shop for milk.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 8:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Drive to the pub.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.