Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Things you wish you knew!

Things you wish you knew!

Old Aug 4th 2004, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

Big Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of light

Last week at the Bellevue DMV it took me three and a half hours to take my knowledge test on Tuesday, and four and a half on Friday to take my practical test.

The place opened at 8:30am Friday, I got there at 7:30am and there were 25 people in front of me.....

Mind you, when I took the test, I forgot the hand signals, I made a real mess of the reverse round a corner, mounted the kerb while parallel parking, failed to stop at a Stop sign, and completely forgot to use a turn lane while turning left, irate motorists blowing their horns and giving me the finger.

I got 90% and passed with flying colours!

I think you only fail if you run the examiner over before they get in the car....
Old Aug 4th 2004, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

Big Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of light

... it wouldn't be so bad but I've been driving for 15 years...

I think I was having a bit of an off day!!