Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Things that make you want to hurl on the spot

Things that make you want to hurl on the spot

Old Apr 21st 2012, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute
Default Things that make you want to hurl on the spot

Soooooo what icky/gruesome/nasty things have you seen people do in public that have made you gag???

As a germophobe, people that walk out of the toliet without washing thier hands NASTY NASTY NASTY!

Once in Meijers I saw a woman open a Bunt Cake, poke her fingers into it to see how soft it was, then reseal it and walk away without buying it
Old Apr 21st 2012, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things that make you want to hurl on the spot

I was on the tube in London and a fella picked his nose, rolled the gruesome contents into a neat little ball and then stuck it on the window!
Old Apr 21st 2012, 2:10 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Chew and spit tobacco.........

(seeing people do it..not me doing it !)
Old Apr 21st 2012, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

toopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond repute

Was told to go to Sprouts for the great nut/dried fruit selection - they are in containers that has a scoop to put your selection into plastic bags... kids...hands... need I say more...

People in cars that pick their nose... I see at least one a week. People can see you digging in there. Stop!

My old boss went to the toilet and NEVER washed his hands (1 & 2) and then proceeded to make pizza which everyone thought was delicious... the restaurant closed down a while ago...and the pizza WAS delicious...
Old Apr 21st 2012, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
Soooooo what icky/gruesome/nasty things have you seen people do in public that have made you gag???

As a germophobe, people that walk out of the toliet without washing thier hands NASTY NASTY NASTY!

Once in Meijers I saw a woman open a Bunt Cake, poke her fingers into it to see how soft it was, then reseal it and walk away without buying it
People who, having used the toilet, wash their hands, dry them on a paper towel, and then use the paper towel to open the toilet door, before then dropping the used paper towel on the floor.

Horrible, mentalist germophobes..!!
Old Apr 21st 2012, 10:38 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

The thought of having sex with Donald Trump *vom*

When I was pregnant everything made me gag, from fart smells to the sight of worms.
I've never seen it (and I hope I never will) but the whole "rat king" thing whereby a ton of rats get stuck together by feces, lice, dirt etc and only one of them can move the entire ball of rats, thus the one on the bottom that can move is that rat king.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_king_(folklore)

Apart from that, the roaches and the squashed roaches on the subway ergh..
Old Apr 21st 2012, 11:47 pm
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Finding half a slug in my salad. True story, still moving.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 11:56 pm
Back home at last!

Pombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sarah

I've never seen it (and I hope I never will) but the whole "rat king" thing whereby a ton of rats get stuck together by feces, lice, dirt etc and only one of them can move the entire ball of rats, thus the one on the bottom that can move is that rat king.
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_king_(folklore[/
Ewww, never heard of that before. Gross
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

All I have to do is to walk into any fast food place, MickyD's, Burger Thang ... KFC and I wanna hurl. Used to be able to eat that stuff but now just the smell makes me nauseous.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 2:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan Alaska
All I have to do is to walk into any fast food place, MickyD's, Burger Thang ... KFC and I wanna hurl. Used to be able to eat that stuff but now just the smell makes me nauseous.
We're older and wiser now....
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toopie28
My old boss went to the toilet and NEVER washed his hands (1 & 2) and then proceeded to make pizza which everyone thought was delicious... the restaurant closed down a while ago...and the pizza WAS delicious...
One of 'associate days' at work, they bought pizza for everyone, one of the guys from 3rd shift took a slice to eat in the toilet while he went *gag*
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Lola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really nice

The thick, green viscous sputum heavy smokers expel, especially if it has tiny specks of blood in. I used to have to collect samples from patients and just couldn't do it for gagging. I used to have the ward clerk do it for me. Any other bodily excretions (or mixture thereof) doesn't bother me in the least. Although watching someone vomiting makes me want to hurl..not the actual vomit itself.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 8:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lola-Monmouth
The thick, green viscous sputum heavy smokers expel, especially if it has tiny specks of blood in. I used to have to collect samples from patients and just couldn't do it for gagging. I used to have the ward clerk do it for me. Any other bodily excretions (or mixture thereof) doesn't bother me in the least.
Sputum and vomit.

Don't mind anything else. Indeed, I quite enjoyed draining a tennis ball sized abscess at 10pm last night
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 8:57 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Sputum and vomit.

Don't mind anything else. Indeed, I quite enjoyed draining a tennis ball sized abscess at 10pm last night
Well I can't beat that for fun. As I may have posted several weeks ago... waking in the morning to find that my beloved dog of 11 years had sh#t and vomited a total of 5 times overnight on the livingroom carpet, along with the confined smell was a bit overpowering. The cleanup was.... well I will spare you the details, though I did need to throw away a perfectly good spatula. Mental picture
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 9:10 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

People who don't use deodorant. There is an otherwise very nice doctor I work with who really stinks so BO. And those people who sit beside you on the train who clearly have not washed their armpits in days and didn't even bother with a quick spray of deodorant.

And vomit. I am going to be a really bad nurse if I can't clean up spew.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.