Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Things that make you want to hurl on the spot

Things that make you want to hurl on the spot

Old Apr 25th 2012, 3:21 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things that make you want to hurl on the spot

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Shepherds pie made with minced up left over Sunday roast with bread and onions put in the hand wind mincer to make sure there was enough "meat" to cover the dish before the potatoes were added

I loved bubble and squeak..
Now you're talking
Old Apr 25th 2012, 3:24 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

I loved bubble and squeak..
I still do!!! Best meal over the christmas holidays is Boxing day lunch - all the leftover veg "bubble and squeaked" and served up with the cold turkey, ham, sausage, pork pie and pickle, followed by the leftover Christmas pud fried in butter and smothered in cream.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 3:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer
If it wasn't for the fact there were "only" six of us kids, I'd think you were my sister.
Hey bro...fancy meeting you here

I guess we grew up in the same era. I always think that our parents at that time were really the original re-cyclers.. Nothing was wasted, everything was home grown, meals were planned and life was simple and a lot less hectic.

I know times have changed, and I also know that my parents struggled to make ends meet but knowing how much of everything is wasted nowadays and how many things we take for granted (I am as guilty as the next person) I sometimes wish life was slower and much simpler again..

Did that make sense???
Old Apr 25th 2012, 3:35 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

I guess we grew up in the same era. I always think that our parents at that time were really the original re-cyclers.. Nothing was wasted, everything was home grown, meals were planned and life was simple and a lot less hectic.

I know times have changed, and I also know that my parents struggled to make ends meet but knowing how much of everything is wasted nowadays and how many things we take for granted (I am as guilty as the next person) I sometimes wish life was slower and much simpler again..

Did that make sense???
Perfect sense!

My parents were born in the early 30's, so grew up with the hardships of WW11 which taught them some great lifelong lessons in "stretching" what was available and making sure nothing got wasted. I can always remember mam saying that she can still remember her first banana after the war at the age of 14! (Sultan of Swing would have been well happy!)
Old Apr 25th 2012, 3:43 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Did that make sense???
Oh yes - that's the England I love and miss.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 6:23 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

okra
Okra are little pods of snot.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 6:30 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Brussel sprouts, celery, bubble & squeak, semolina, beetroot, off milk
Old Apr 25th 2012, 6:32 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorry1
Brussel sprouts, celery, bubble & squeak, semolina, beetroot
Sprouts are simply too good for some people.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 6:40 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Betel chewers, attempting to smile. It also makes me remember my zombie awareness training.

Old Apr 25th 2012, 6:41 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
Okra are little pods of snot.
Unless you coat them in corn meal and fry them. Then they are little pods of orgasm.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 6:44 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
Sprouts are simply too good for some people.
They are disgusting!
Old Apr 25th 2012, 10:33 pm
Banned

Primula has a spectacular aura aboutPrimula has a spectacular aura aboutPrimula has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I bet that Hibiscrub stuff does the job much better.
Not to belabor the point (although that's what I am doing), hand sanitizers are so convenient because in many toilet facilities sometimes there is no water, no paper towels, and I refuse to use those air dryers. So I just do my business, run out of the dirty place quickly and use my sanitizer. 'Nuff said.

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
Have you had your shingles vaccine.
Odd you mention that because, for the very first time, I see local drugstores with signs proclaiming that one can get a shingles vaccine right then and there. I know shingles to be extremely painful, but figured I would deal with it if I ever had to. Are shingles vaccines a new phenomenon here? Why is my cynical little brain thinking this is a just a money-making thing now that flu shots have been ingrained into our pysche.

Stale bread made into bread pudding
So delicious, but impossible to find here.

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
I still do!!! Best meal over the christmas holidays is Boxing day lunch - all the leftover veg "bubble and squeaked" and served up with the cold turkey, ham, sausage, pork pie and pickle, followed by the leftover Christmas pud fried in butter and smothered in cream.
OMG, pass me the Alka Seltzer!
Old Apr 25th 2012, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Holliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to behold

My housemate coughing phlegm out in to the kitchen sink.

Disgusting
Old Apr 25th 2012, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Bananas, mashed up with sugar, spread on bread and butter. Heavenly memories from childhood.
Oh, you may be out there at times, but I'm with you on this. Bloody lovely!!!
Old Apr 25th 2012, 11:44 pm
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

ljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond repute

Religion of any description.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.