Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Things that make you want to hurl on the spot

Things that make you want to hurl on the spot

Old Apr 25th 2012, 2:33 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things that make you want to hurl on the spot

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Agreed...but hubby loves them. He was pleased with himself at the weekend as he thought he'd found some larger than normal bananas. Turns out they were Plantains.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantain
I've had plantains. They're more like a courgette than a banana in taste and texture, as far as I remember. Much more starchy.

My daughter loves bananas, though, and is always waving one in my face, or leaving them on the table and I have to handle them to throw them out. I can't abide the smell, taste or texture of them and they really do make me want to throw up on contact.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 2:44 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I've had plantains. They're more like a courgette than a banana in taste and texture, as far as I remember. Much more starchy.

My daughter loves bananas, though, and is always waving one in my face, or leaving them on the table and I have to handle them to throw them out. I can't abide the smell, taste or texture of them and they really do make me want to throw up on contact.
Bananas, mashed up with sugar, spread on bread and butter. Heavenly memories from childhood.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 2:55 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer
Bananas, mashed up with sugar, spread on bread and butter. Heavenly memories from childhood.
That is a new one on me!

I used to eat them when I was really young but I had a gag-reflex incident with those stringy bits that come off the peel and since then I can't be doing with them.

My sister used to eat banana and cheese sandwiches
Old Apr 25th 2012, 2:58 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yes, especially at the end of the week when the bananas were getting a bit over ripe and the pantry was getting bare!
Old Apr 25th 2012, 3:00 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Oh yes, especially at the end of the week when the bananas were getting a bit over ripe and the pantry was getting bare!
Old Apr 25th 2012, 3:00 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Will you stop chundering all over the forum floor, FFS!
Old Apr 25th 2012, 3:01 pm
I have a comma problem

Will you stop chundering all over the forum floor, FFS!
My first pile of sick made me sick and I added to it.

I'll get a mop and bucket ...
Old Apr 25th 2012, 3:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey..you would have gone hungry in our house then. Feeding seven kids on one wage (my dad worked in a window frame factory) meant everything had to be eaten regardless of how manky it looked
Old Apr 25th 2012, 3:06 pm
Life goes on.

Hey..you would have gone hungry in our house then. Feeding seven kids on one wage (my dad worked in a window frame factory) meant everything had to be eaten regardless of how manky it looked
Stale bread made into bread pudding ... all the leftover meat and veg thrown into a pot for a stew ... or put in bubble'n'squeak ...
Old Apr 25th 2012, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

fromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Tom60
True story. At a local Wal-Mart a woman was caught stealing a package of pork chops. She had them concealed down the front of her pants, right next to her... you know. And after the police took her away, the employees put the chops back in the meat case.
That can't be true. The whole story smells a bit fishy to me.
BE Enthusiast

Holliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to behold

Stale bread made into bread pudding ... all the leftover meat and veg thrown into a pot for a stew ... or put in bubble'n'squeak ...
I love bubble and squeak. Yum.
BE Enthusiast

Holliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by fromthemanorborn
That can't be true. The whole story smells a bit fishy to me.
Hahah
Old Apr 25th 2012, 3:12 pm
I have a comma problem

Only the bananas. Things like this ...

... aren't too bad sounding. I eat leftovers all the time.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 3:17 pm
Account Closed

Shepherds pie made with minced up left over Sunday roast with bread and onions put in the hand wind mincer to make sure there was enough "meat" to cover the dish before the potatoes were added

I loved bubble and squeak..
Old Apr 25th 2012, 3:21 pm
Life goes on.

Shepherds pie made with minced up left over Sunday roast with bread and onions put in the hand wind mincer to make sure there was enough "meat" to cover the dish before the potatoes were added

I loved bubble and squeak..
If it wasn't for the fact there were "only" six of us kids, I'd think you were my sister.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.