Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Things that disturb you about the US

Things that disturb you about the US

Old Aug 1st 2005, 4:25 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things that disturb you about the US

Originally Posted by Fig Newton
What if the doctor makes a mistake and your life would have been saved if that CAT scan or MRI was done immediately?

As I've said before the vast majority of poverty in America is self-inflicted. Add in illegal aliens and that explains most of it.
Well if you were seriously ill, you would have had that scan, but in this country, if your on an hmo, and lets be honest here, a lot of people are, not through choice, and that includes a hell of a lot of teachers, then something like a cat scan might not be covered, meaning going without, or paying thousands in costs...getting the best treatments aren't covered because the insurance won't pay for....hardworking american citizens die everyday because of the lack of decent healthcare for everyone.

And you can't blame it all on illegals, sure there are plenty of illegals, but then there are also plenty of legal american citizens born in this country that are in poverty and no one choses to be poor.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 4:32 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

No, someone will put their fist into your face which I'm sure you know. Instead you use a forum like this to act in ways that you know you couldn't get away with in the real world around you.
well actually I don't act any different with anyone I know here, and they have similar outlooks on life, but then if they were small minded miserable people, I wouldn't want to be associated with them would i.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 4:43 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

This is my last post for tonight but I will make one final post in the future with my advice for those wishing to come to America, or any country for that matter.
Not in this thread you won't...it might be a free country of free speach, which you don't seem to appreciate the irony of, but this isn't a democratic website.

Thread closed.