Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

And they wonder why they get unfit ?

And they wonder why they get unfit ?

Old Jun 1st 2006, 5:38 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: And they wonder why they get unfit ?

Originally Posted by Partystar
Yeah, unless you happen to be near someone nice who offers to hold the door open for you. I've noticed that a lot of people here don't say thank you when you hold the door open for them.

I actually had this old geezer let a door slam right on me the other week while I was pushing the stroller. I flung the door open and shouted "thank you" at him. He just look around at me with this look of death on his face and kept on moving! Ignorant SOB!
Old Jun 1st 2006, 7:34 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blaze
I actually had this old geezer let a door slam right on me the other week while I was pushing the stroller. I flung the door open and shouted "thank you" at him. He just look around at me with this look of death on his face and kept on moving! Ignorant SOB!
If I were there, I would've kicked his arse for you, well after I held the door open anyway!!!
Old Jun 1st 2006, 7:50 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
If I were there, I would've kicked his arse for you, well after I held the door open anyway!!!

Ahhhh, thanks!
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 2:11 am
Northern Monkey!

jibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aznewsh
Yeah that is a good enough excuse, though they definately did not have a stroller - I have noticed that too, people rarely say thank you for any kind gesture here - letting someone in a car pull out in front of you being another example, makes my blood boil when they don't acknowledge you at all!
I have to admit people seem to be quite polite and well mannered down here, if your behind someone 9 times out of 10 they will hold the door open for you, and if you hold the door open for them then you usually get a thankyou! As for driving and letting people out some do wave, but I have to admit that it is not as many as back in Blighty. When in Rome and all that!!
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 3:02 am
The American Job

britontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
It's a beautiful day here and I walked to the store with Sadie in the sunshine to get some fags and milk. Half way up the road a cop stopped and asked if I had problems with the Jeep because we were walking ? .... As I came out of the store a friend stopped and asked the same ? .... "No ! ... we are just walking as it's a wonderful day" I replied to both.
"JEEEZUS CHRIST ! .... You walked up here when you have a vehicle !" he said.
The store is less than half a mile away from the house. I laugh when I see such lazy people, I have even seen them drive down to the mail box at the end of their drive to collect the post.
The worrying thing I find is I am about the only one the walks to the bars I go to and I don't see many people drinking none alcoholic drinks infact some of them are quite loaded when they leave.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 1:54 pm
2007 pred.league robbery

lee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britontour
The worrying thing I find is I am about the only one the walks to the bars I go to and I don't see many people drinking none alcoholic drinks infact some of them are quite loaded when they leave.
Trying to get my friends to not drink and drive has been an ongoing battle for years. True the bar isnt at the end of the street like it may be in the UK, but its certainly still walking distance.. i am constantly taking ppls car keys because they can barely stand but are convinced they can drive. My friend only just got his license back..and is starting to fall back into his old habits already..its sad really..i just dont get the mentality of it.. having 0 of a public transportation system doesnt help.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 1:56 pm
Blondie22

Originally Posted by lee_in_nj
Trying to get my friends to not drink and drive has been an ongoing battle for years. True the bar isnt at the end of the street like it may be in the UK, but its certainly still walking distance.. i am constantly taking ppls car keys because they can barely stand but are convinced they can drive. My friend only just got his license back..and is starting to fall back into his old habits already..its sad really..i just dont get the mentality of it.. having 0 of a public transportation system doesnt help.

Oh the joy of all the drunks at the bus stop on a friday night!
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 3:31 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Oh the joy of all the drunks at the bus stop on a friday night!
The Taxi line in Banbury used to be about a mile long, I used to enjoy the drunken stumble home sometimes (about a mile, mile & a half), as long as it wasn't too cold & I wasn't getting followed as I did one night, I dread to think what could have happened if I hadn't noticed, sobered up & hid! :scared:
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

[COLOR=Red]

STROLLOER !!!!

You mean pushchair surely
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 2:01 am
Blondie22

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
[COLOR=Red]

STROLLOER !!!!

You mean pushchair surely

I didn't want to confuse our American BE friends!