Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

They Wanted to Teach Him a Lesson

They Wanted to Teach Him a Lesson

Old Mar 19th 2004, 3:28 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute
Default They Wanted to Teach Him a Lesson

I saw this article on Wired News and I am confused as to what the message is behind this article.

It almost reads as if they sympathize with "Mr Smith" but why the hell should they?? People like this are sick and Perverted Justice did a good thing to expose him.

Not only will this pervert not trawl around chat rooms anymore but he won't be teaching either.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 5:08 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: They Wanted to Teach Him a Lesson

Burn him! Burn him! He's a witch, he's a witch! Lets all get hysterical and scream and kill people because that makes sense to now get mob mentality.

There is no proof he is a paedaphile or ever participated in any paedaphilic behavior so why has he lost his job? Everyone knows these chat rooms are full of 50 year old men pretending to be 15 year old girls. Did he commit a crime, probably not, was he prevented from commiting a crime, well we will never know. Are Perverted Justice doing the world a favour, well they seem to think so - but it is really just a group of people who think their morals are above ours and are being very zealous.

The question is surely why do these people think they have the right to expose others in this way. Its a bit like the priest that took photos of people coming out of a sex shop and posted them on the church bulletin board. If these people are not commiting a crime why should they be publically embarrased in this way? It is not for these people to set the moral curiculam for the rest of us. It is not for these people to police our morality!

Its idiots like Rincewind who think this is an OK thing to do which will make 1984 a reality. If you don't want freedom of thought then go ahead and join these nuts, but unless Mr Smith harmed anyone or broke a law what gives perverted justice the right to do this. Freedom of Speech or loss of freedom due to someone elses values being different from yours. They should of informed the police and set up a sting, this would of proved his intent, instead they lost my support by doing this without any proof the guy was up to no good.

People say "if that guy was here I'd beat the crap out of him" - does that mean they should be exposed as thugs, in reality if the guy walked in the door he would run a mile. Guys spend a great deal of time saying "I'd do her", but in reality a married man is most likely not going to risk his marriage on a fling (there are exceptions to every rule). Its like this ng - yosser has threatened me a couple of times, if I turned up in Texas he would run a mile. You are safe on the internet, you can say things you would not normally say. Should you be punished for having an alter-ego on a chat room, no!

See you in Salem Rincewind.

Patrick

Originally posted by rincewind
I saw this article on Wired News and I am confused as to what the message is behind this article.

It almost reads as if they sympathize with "Mr Smith" but why the hell should they?? People like this are sick and Perverted Justice did a good thing to expose him.

Not only will this pervert not trawl around chat rooms anymore but he won't be teaching either.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 5:50 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, such anger for someone that defends a potential pedophile (I corrected the spelling for you too).

keely_kandy69u: 13 f Ferndale
pbass1957b: do you have a (web) cam?
Seems to me like he wanted to see a teenage girl and relieve some of his marital stress. Since when does a solution to marital problems involve going online to chat to underage girls and request imagery?

Its idiots like Rincewind who think this is an OK thing to do which will make 1984 a reality.
Dude, calm down. I'm not in favor or an Orwellian society and never have been. Where pedophiles are concerned, I agree with any measures taken to prevent sex-based crimes involving children. Maybe my own parental instincts are involved as I have a nine-year-old daughter.

Any guy that gets sexual fulfillment flirting with 13 year olds on or offline, has a problem in my opinion.

Yes, that's right. MY OPINION. We all have them. If you don't agree, say so with out calling others idiots because they don't agree with your ideals for a better society.

People say "if that guy was here I'd beat the crap out of him"
I wouldn't, we have laws for that sort of thing. Put the pedophiles behind bars and let the other inmates take care of them. The less of them on the streets the better.

Guys spend a great deal of time saying "I'd do her",
If my best friend said that about a minor (or even worse, my daughter) I doubt I would see them again. I would also suggest they seek help.

but in reality a married man is most likely not going to risk his marriage on a fling
According to the Janus Report, more than one-third of men admit having had at least one extramarital sexual experience. So I say men would, if they are having marital problems.

See you in Salem Rincewind.
Wow, do they burn Wizards too? :scared:
Old Mar 19th 2004, 5:59 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

You cannot call him a pedophile. He has not been convicted in a court of law.

This worries me on many levels.

First of all it smacks of vigilante justice, which at the end of the day turns into an eye for an eye mentalitly.

Also, Who checks the checkers? We have info on this site about a good many people, photos, personal websites, locations, jobs...
Who's to say I can't write a load of shite about someone on this board I don't like and hey presto, they're a pedophile.

Being called a pedophile is akin to being labelled a rascist....mud sticks and those labels are very difficult to shrug off if unfounded.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 6:05 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Patrick

Its like this ng - yosser has threatened me a couple of times, if I turned up in Texas he would run a mile. You are safe on the internet, you can say things you would not normally say.

Patrick
When did I ever threaten you? and no I wouldn't run anywhere.

I thought we had dropped the subject between our disagreements, seems you just can't get over it? or are you so bored you need to stir things up again?
Old Mar 19th 2004, 6:10 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Yosser
When did I ever threaten you? and no I wouldn't run anywhere.

I thought we had dropped the subject between our disagreements, seems you just can't get over it? or are you so bored you need to stir things up again?
Tony's been banned
Old Mar 19th 2004, 7:04 pm
You Are All Diseased

You are safe on the internet, you can say things you would not normally say.
North Carolina N.C. Gen. Stat. §. 14-202.3 - Computer solicitation of a child for sexual purposes by a perpetrator at least 16 with a victim under age 16 and at least 3 years younger than the perpetrator.

Be careful what you say Patrick and who you say it to.

but unless Mr Smith harmed anyone or broke a law what gives perverted justice the right to do this
Michigan Mich. Comp. Laws § 750.145c, 750.145d - Any person who accosts, entices, or solicits a child under the age of sixteen with intent to induce or force the child to commit an immoral act, or to submit to an act of sexual intercourse, or an act of gross indecency, or any other act of depravity or delinquency, or who suggests to the child any such acts, is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment in jail for not more than one year.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 7:05 pm
British Trailer Trash

jaybob is an unknown quantity at this point

With you on this one - all this idiots own doing.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 7:13 pm
You Are All Diseased

With you on this one - all this idiots own doing.
Wow, someone else that actually cares for the welfare of our children. Glad to hear it jaybob.

Old Mar 19th 2004, 7:18 pm
@matthewb76

Wow, someone else that actually cares for the welfare of our children.
please explain where I said otherwise?
Old Mar 19th 2004, 7:46 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, such anger for someone that defends a potential pedophile (I corrected the spelling for you too).
:lecture: Actually the correct spelling is paedophile :lecture:
Old Mar 19th 2004, 8:41 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ladyofthelake
Too right - that's for people who speak and write "real" English.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 9:02 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

I thank you!
Old Mar 19th 2004, 9:08 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ladyofthelake

A "pedophile" would be what? Someone with a foot fetish?
Old Mar 19th 2004, 9:44 pm
You Are All Diseased

Actually, it can be spelled either way:

paedophile

or

pedophile

Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Glad you did your research before busting on that one

O says i aint able to right der queens engliss

Last edited by rincewind; Mar 19th 2004 at 10:11 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.