Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

They didn't mention that in the Brochure!

They didn't mention that in the Brochure!

Old Jun 28th 2003, 1:52 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by 207lonsdale
One thing I love about America ...... they use the term *Bathroom* or *Rest Room* ...... so much nicer than *Toilet* or *Loo*. Although worse than that ....... when Kem & I visited London we went to the Queen's Gallery ....... there was a large sign indicating the location of the *Lavatory*!!
I am the opposite, I hate the use of the words bathroom or rest room - I neither rest or bath in there! I use the toilet or loo, I don't eat cheese in there - should it be called a cheese room!

Patrick
Old Jun 28th 2003, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

207lonsdale is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Patrick
I am the opposite, I hate the use of the words bathroom or rest room - I neither rest or bath in there! I use the toilet or loo, I don't eat cheese in there - should it be called a cheese room!

Patrick

I know, I know ...... when Kem was in the UK he asked a shop assistant where the rest room was and she just looked at him like he was crazy!!

I just think bathroom and rest room sounds nicer ..... sometimes I have even heard people here saying, "Where's the bog?"!!

And don't some UKC's still make reference to *powdering their noses*? I am now wondering where that expression originated from?
Old Jun 28th 2003, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

rzack is an unknown quantity at this point

So I'm not the only one that unconfortable with the 'toilet's' door uh?

I feels like someone can peek through it. Really-really unconfortable. Well...this quite a little bit out of 'topic', I've been to Korea at the public toilet, oh my God! at my first day there, I just sat and do my business, someone knocked at the door every 5 seconds! Its really annoying! After few days, I noticed thats their 'culture' to knock the toilet doors as a sign that somebody 'waaatiggggg' to do their business. Oh man, thats really ANTI CLIMAX!

Trust me, its not peaceful at all!!!!! So I don't call Korean toilet a restroom coz' you definitely cannot REST.

In my country mostly call it, ladies or gents. About lavatory, I think flight use that terms too.
Old Jun 28th 2003, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

aramintaalice is an unknown quantity at this point

Patrick
I agree - I hate the way some feel the need to use a 'sensitive' word. Whats wrong with going to the toilet, everyone does, it's nothing to be ashamed of. I hate anything like that, like those stupid things that hide toilet rolls - why? Whats wrong with having a loo roll in the loo?
Old Jun 28th 2003, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, for what it's worth, I prefer "men's room" and "ladies room". As children, my sister and I would refer to it as "the pot". Another fav of mine is "the throne".

As for the gaps in stalls, I'm never sure just why they're there either. Most Americans would rather poke needles in their eye than sit on a public "crapper". And yes, Americans tend to be "reserved" when it comes to the subject of bodily functions. LOL!
Old Jun 28th 2003, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Why have a huge gap, around the stool door (Pun)?
Simple Americans are obsessively Homophobic. They are convinced everyone is having sex in the toilet stalls.
If they are not screwing then they are doing drugs.

If anyone on here is embarrassed, you should go to the public Toilets Washington Sq. Park, NYC. 4 toilets/WC's/Bowls/Thrones No doors, No walls just sitting there against the wall. Now that’s got to be embarrassing.

Reg. Frank R.

All joking apart, that’s the reason for the huge gaps & or low doors “Homosexual Sex & Drugs�.
Frankly it’s a disgrace, there are almost no Public Lavatory’s. Luckily there are plenty of Hotels in NYC, so can always use theirs. Toys Are US/Virgin Megastore/Dept Stores etc.
Old Jun 28th 2003, 11:50 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by frrussre
Simple Americans are obsessively Homophobic. They are convinced everyone is having sex in the toilet stalls.

If anyone on here is embarrassed, you should go to the public Toilets Washington Sq. Park, NYC. 4 toilets/WC's/Bowls/Thrones No doors, No walls just sitting there against the wall. Now that’s got to be embarrassing.

Reg. Frank R.

All joking apart, that’s the reason for the huge gaps & or low doors “Homosexual Sex & Drugs�.
Frankly it’s a disgrace, there are almost no Public Lavatory’s. Luckily there are plenty of Hotels in NYC, so can always use theirs. Toys Are US/Virgin Megastore/Dept Stores etc.
Since when have you become an authority on US toilets, Frank
What do you mean no public toilets?? Every rest area has one as do all the parks etc. Even the fishing lakes have them close to the pier. Every store has them big and small. But I have heard that this is not so in NYC. Maybe you should move...
Old Jun 29th 2003, 1:46 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Since when do gay men have sex in the ladies room?
Old Jun 29th 2003, 3:01 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rockgurl
And the third thread on this forum is taken over by anal sex!

What is it with you people, its only been legal 4 days!

Patrick
Old Jun 29th 2003, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rockgurl

Discrimination. If they make the doors in men’s bathrooms small, they need to do the same in the Ladies. Woman do drugs, Woman take Johns to the ladies room. In parks, etc.

If your not convinced asked a Cop. Still give us a better reason?

Frank R.
Old Jun 29th 2003, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Ranjini
Since when have you become an authority on US toilets, Frank
What do you mean no public toilets?? Every rest area has one as do all the parks etc. Even the fishing lakes have them close to the pier. Every store has them big and small. But I have heard that this is not so in NYC. Maybe you should move...
Since I live in The Greatest City in The greatest State In the Greatest country in the world. Manhattan NYC.

Ranjani, you live in the woods, or what?

Public Bathrooms, are a problem in any city in USA. I am sure parks & lakes have Public restrooms & rest stops. Ask any tourist in the City, what is their biggest complaint?

Reg. Frank R.
Old Jun 29th 2003, 3:31 am
Pagan Sex God

Since I live in The Greatest City in The greatest State In the Greatest country in the world.
Franks been here too long, he is starting to beleive the hype!
Old Jun 29th 2003, 3:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Franks been here too long, he is starting to beleive the hype!
Patrick, what’s really funny is I'm driving down the road there are pot-holes, so big people put garbage cans in them. There are piles of garbage & filth everywhere. The side walks are crumbling.

And still the Mayor & the Governor, keep telling us the above quote. I listen to the news & everyday we hear it.

What’s really scary is, lots believe it.

Frank R.
Old Jun 29th 2003, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Default Question for Ranjini

Where do you live?

How many people in your town or City?

Reg. Frank R.
Old Jun 29th 2003, 1:52 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Question for Ranjini

Where do you live?

How many people in your town or City?

Reg. Frank R.
You asked

Spokane, WA

Spokane county population: 426,000
http://www.spokane.net/photogallery/summerweb/index.htm
http://www.civiccommunicator.com/soe...otogallery.asp
http://www.spokaneedc.org/video.php

Some Facts about Spokane

*No corporate or personal income tax.
*Ranked 98 out of 200 cities in Forbes magazine's Forbes/Milken *Best Places for Business and Careers list.
*Ranked No. 14 on the American Association of Retired Person's "15 Top Dream Towns" nationwide where retiredment-minded baby boomers can 'reinvent' themselves.
*Has the second-best summer weather in the nation, according to CustomWeather's Top 10 Cities With the Best Summer Climate list .
*Surrounded by 76 lakes, four major rivers, 13 ski areas, and 32 golf courses.
*A thriving high-tech sector with many large companies, such as Agilent Technologies, Alcatel, Getronics, Itron, Telect, World Wide Packets, Itronix, F5 Networks, and Honeywell.
*A world-class telecommunications infrastructure with more miles of fiber per capita than any other area in the world.
*Average 20-minute commute.
*The area's four main hospitals are among the nation's 100 most wired medical facilities according to the Hospitals and Health Network Magazine.
*Ranked the 16th healthiest city for males in Men's Health magazine's 101 Healthiest Cities listing.
*One of only 11 metropolitan areas nationally to receive a grade of A by the American Lung Association for having the least ozone air pollution.
*Energy rates are among the lowest in the nation.
*Median home cost is $110,500.

Last edited by Ranjini; Jun 29th 2003 at 2:10 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.