Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

These Tax rebate cheques

These Tax rebate cheques

Old Feb 11th 2008, 12:59 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: These Tax rebate cheques

Originally Posted by cpltony
Study was done recently on homeless vets by Bill O'Reilly and Fox News after claims by John Edwards. (be a fan of them or not, I'm just posting what was found)

Of the homeless vets out there a large portion have mental problems and substance abuse problems. The VA has approx 100,000 beds and services for those vets but they are not utilised
The VA said they cannot force people to use their services, but they are available if/when needed.
Nobody's a fan of O'Reilly or Faux News. Either you have some basic intelligence and have their number......or you don't. It really is that simple.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 1:04 am
Cpl Tony

cpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to all

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Nobody's a fan of O'Reilly or Faux News. Either you have some basic intelligence and have their number......or you don't. It really is that simple.
Man the comments have really taken a turn for the worst.
You are not a fan, I understand. But please quit with the mentality that your opinion is the only one everyone should have. Please.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 1:10 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mdyoung
Life has formed my opinions.
As all of us.

But many of us have also experienced different cultures, different political systems and different ways of doing things from the US. I find Americans on, for example, uk-yankee to lean more to social democracy than their compatriots at home after experiencing it working. Those expatriates who have lived here, if this board is anything to go by, think America would do better with a little more social democracy to improve everyone's standard of living.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 1:13 am
Septicity

Man the comments have really taken a turn for the worst.
You are not a fan, I understand. But please quit with the mentality that your opinion is the only one everyone should have. Please.
What better proof is there than you Tony? A search of the forum will tell us where you are at. A Google of your username will generate reams of untold delight. The case rests.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 1:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by candy wy.
No substance abuse causes a mental illness..
Yes it does.....
Old Feb 11th 2008, 1:16 am
Cpl Tony

cpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to all

What better proof is there than you Tony? A search of the forum will tell us where you are at. A Google of your username will generate reams of untold delight. The case rests.
and the beat goes on.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 1:18 am

mdyoung is an unknown quantity at this point

I like O'Reilly and FOX New is a good balance against the 3 left leaning networks.
Should change from "fair and balance" to "the other side of the story."
Old Feb 11th 2008, 1:19 am

and the beat goes on.
If Tony means you are not a bleeding heart liberal. Welcome aboard.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 1:21 am
Septicity

and the beat goes on.
It certainly does. I'd remove the photobucket picture of you in your boxer shorts under the caption "Sexy Tony" if I were you. Unfortunately, many of us have already suffered it.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 1:24 am
Septicity

I like O'Reilly and FOX New is a good balance against the 3 left leaning networks.
Should change from "fair and balance" to "the other side of the story."
It's a great source of information for me. I like to know where the oligarchy are leading their flock now and also practice my diagnostic skills while thumbing through the DSM manual. BTW, Colbert does him beautifully.

Anyways, I thought you'd rejected the neocon philosophy in favour of Paul-style libertarianism? Faux is certainly not a great fan of this sect.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 1:25 am
Cpl Tony

It certainly does. I'd remove the photobucket picture of you in your boxer shorts under the caption "Sexy Tony" if I were you. Unfortunately, many of us have already suffered it.
<LOL>
I did just google my username, funny stuff.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 1:27 am
Septicity

<LOL>
I did just google my username, funny stuff.
So this not you?

<Image removed at model's request>

Last edited by fatbrit; Feb 11th 2008 at 1:48 am. Reason: Removed image.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 1:29 am

It's a great source of information for me. I like to know where the oligarchy are leading their flock now and also practice my diagnostic skills while thumbing through the DSM manual. BTW, Colbert does him beautifully.

Anyways, I thought you'd rejected the neocon philosophy in favour of Paul-style libertarianism? Faux is certainly not a great fan of this sect.
Yes I'm a Ron Paul man, but good to hear both to make up my mind on most news items. Not like CBS, NBC and ABC are Ron Paul land either.

Last edited by mdyoung; Feb 11th 2008 at 1:31 am.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 1:31 am

Why would you be looking at photos of a guy in his boxers anyway? LOL
Old Feb 11th 2008, 1:31 am
Septicity

Yes I'm a Ron Paul man, but good to hear bother to make up my mind on most news items. Not like CBS, NBC and ABC are Ron Paul land either.
I gave up with the telly after crossing the Pond. NPR is pretty good. Failing that, try the shoestring coverage on PBS. Of course, if you really want ot know what's happening, the foreign press and media available on the WWW will give you the best coverage. Sad really, aint it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.