Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

These Tax rebate cheques

These Tax rebate cheques

Old Feb 10th 2008, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: These Tax rebate cheques

Originally Posted by Thydney
Yeah what a joke ha ha ha my IQ is 140 and my kids qualify for free school meals and if I were a citizen I would qualify for welfare. The reason? Catastrophic illness. We have medical insurance/sickness insurance but they wormed their way out of most of it all leaving us with big bills and no real income or the means to fight them in the courts. So yes wanker there are intelligent people on welfare.
Karma given.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 3:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mdyoung
Haven't said a thing about mentally or weak people. Been talking about people that are where they are through their own doing.
How can you look at someone and judge them? Do you really know why they are sleeping by the side of the road? Do you really think you're that superior?
Old Feb 10th 2008, 7:16 pm

mdyoung is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Do you really know why they are sleeping by the side of the road? Do you really think you're that superior?
I wasn't going to say anymore on this, but since requested. Yeah, their limo and driver is late and yes I am. How big of a f**Kup does someone have to be before you people realize the person is a f**Kup and not some poor guy down on his luck.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:10 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't going to say anymore on this, but since requested. Yeah, their limo and driver is late and yes I am. How big of a f**Kup does someone have to be before you people realize the person is a f**Kup and not some poor guy down on his luck.
It is estimated that one third of homeless men are veterans, many with lingering effects of untreated or under treated, PTSD from their combat days. These are some of the people who make your comfort, and your contempt for them, possible.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
It is estimated that one third of homeless men are veterans, many with lingering effects of untreated or under treated, PTSD from their combat days. These are some of the people who make your comfort, and your contempt for them, possible.
OK so that leaves 2/3 that are probably, drunks, junkies and just plain lazy.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:18 pm

http://www.nchv.org/background.cfm

The U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) says the nation's homeless veterans are mostly males (4 % are females). The vast majority are single, most come from poor, disadvantaged communities, 45% suffer from mental illness, and half have substance abuse problems.

How many homeless veterans are there?

Although accurate numbers are impossible to come by -- no one keeps national records on homeless veterans --
Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.nchv.org/background.cfm

The U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) says the nation's homeless veterans are mostly males (4 % are females). The vast majority are single, most come from poor, disadvantaged communities, 45% suffer from mental illness, and half have substance abuse problems.

How many homeless veterans are there?

Although accurate numbers are impossible to come by -- no one keeps national records on homeless veterans --
And the problem with that is?

Substance abuse IS a mental illness.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:40 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

What a nasty, ignorant, complacent tosser you sound on this thread.
Next time you have any questions about football you can stick them up your arse.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by Tracym

No Substance abuse is Substance abuse. No one holds you down and sticks a needle in your arm or pours a drink in your mouth. You did that to yourself.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by elfman
What a nasty, ignorant, complacent tosser you sound on this thread.
Next time you have any questions about football you can stick them up your arse.
If you ever have a question about Social Security you can place it as well.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 9:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

No Substance abuse is Substance abuse. No one holds you down and sticks a needle in your arm or pours a drink in your mouth. You did that to yourself.
Sorry, now I am going to call you ignorant. I studied mental illness extensively - you obviously did not.

Noone is an addict for fun - it is not fun. Sure, they probably made some bad choices at one time - so did we all.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 9:17 pm

Sure, they probably made some bad choices at one time - so did we all.
Give me a break. Yeah I guess buying a Betamax is about the same as smoking crack.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 9:24 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

No substance abuse causes a mental illness..
Old Feb 10th 2008, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by candy wy.
No substance abuse causes a mental illness..
Not sure if you are saying......

" No. Substance abuse CAUSES a mental illness"

Or

"No substance abuse causes a mental illness"

If it's the former, the jury is still out on that and keeps changing its mind.

I wish that I could be bothered to provide accurate, up-to-date data on this topic. I'm currently studying the mental health component of my degree, the week on substance use/abuse starts tomorrow.

Last edited by Ozzidoc; Feb 10th 2008 at 9:34 pm.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 9:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Give me a break. Yeah I guess buying a Betamax is about the same as smoking crack.
Never done anything stupid in your youth? Well most of us have.

Many many addicts also have another mental illness (such as depression) and they begin using drugs as an escape from the pain of that illness.

And then are trapped.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.