Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

These Tax rebate cheques

These Tax rebate cheques

Old Feb 10th 2008, 3:34 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: These Tax rebate cheques

Originally Posted by Thydney
I think he thinks you're a wasock
my point is ...you may think your smarter
..................you may think your more intelligent
..................you may think your better looking
..................you may think your ...just a cut above ...

In reality ..life is a level playing field ....never ever say your better than anyone else ...believe me ..your not
Old Feb 10th 2008, 3:34 am

mdyoung is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
The nazis had a solution for the mentally ill, weak and stupid too
Haven't said a thing about mentally or weak people. Been talking about people that are where they are through their own doing.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power
my point is ...you may think your smarter
..................you may think your more intelligent
..................you may think your better looking
..................you may think your ...just a cut above ...

In reality ..life is a level playing field ....never ever say your better than anyone else ...believe me ..your not
Three out of four ain't bad from where I sit.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 3:37 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mdyoung
Three out of four ain't bad from where I sit.
three out of four makes you a loser just like the rest of us
Old Feb 10th 2008, 3:38 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't said a thing about mentally or weak people. Been talking about people that are where they are through their own doing.
I'm just taking it to the next step, and pointing out it's been done before in other societies. Where do you think the starting point is in this social Darwinism?
Old Feb 10th 2008, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power
three out of four makes you a loser just like the rest of us
Maybe you think of yourself as a loser, but I don't.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
I'm just taking it to the next step, and pointing out it's been done before in other societies. Where do you think the starting point is in this social Darwinism?
I'm talking about people that riot and burn the city down and bitch that there aren't any jobs after businesses leave town or drop out of school and stand on the corner and say none one will hire them.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 3:45 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Maybe you think of yourself as a loser, but I don't.

I know exactly what I am ...(Thydney will no doubt agree) ...Claiming to be perfect is the realm of wankers ...but then your right ...your have so eloquently proved your right to be called so ...so thus you should be happy ...your a wanker ..your happy ...
Old Feb 10th 2008, 3:46 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

I'm talking about people that riot and burn the city down and bitch that there aren't any jobs after businesses leave town or drop out of school and stand on the corner and say none one will hire them.
Surely your superior schooling would dictate there should have been some punctuation in that sentence? That was a nutty rant
Old Feb 10th 2008, 3:51 am

I see this is going nowhere, hopefully none of you will ever have a problem with Social Security.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 3:59 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

I see this is going nowhere, hopefully none of you will ever have a problem with Social Security.
You know, I started with nothing but worked my way up. I now live on Soc. Sec, my work pension, my 401k/IRA and savings, I worked damned hard to get here.

BUT I THANK PROVIDENCE THAT I'M NOT AS DAMNED SMUG AND SUPERCILIOUS AS YOU.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 5:31 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

No I went to school and did more than look out the window and have worked hard at whatever job I had. No one gave me anything.
So have I and I'm facing caring for not only my children but my increasingly ill parents. It is an absolute falsehood that if you try hard enough, if you work hard enough, that wealth *will* result. Wealth results without hard work (trust fund babies) and poverty exists despite hard work.

The attitude of some wealthy persons is that all poverty is somehow the fault of the person impoverished, and that all people who just work hard enough will live a comfortable life. Both are equally untrue.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 5:34 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Because we're poor and lazy and will obviously need it, or because you'll refuse to offer assistance if we don't agree with you.

THINK about what you are saying.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I'm sure plenty Mensa members are on welfare. LOL

You don't have to be on welfare to be poor.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chicagojlo
I want to agree, but at the end of the day I think people have to take responsibility if they don't cover themselves for these kind of risks. Same goes for being brought up poor and with little chances in life - if you want it badly enough you'll make it happen. My husband and I are from poor families and nobody was lining up to help us. We got where we are through hard work and sacrifices.
So what can a businessowner do to protect themselves from something like that happening then? Owning a business is about taking risks and a risk is exactly that - something you can NOT prtect yourself against 100%.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.