Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

These Tax rebate cheques

Wikiposts

These Tax rebate cheques

Old Feb 9th 2008, 2:14 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: These Tax rebate cheques

Originally Posted by chicagojlo
I want to agree, but at the end of the day I think people have to take responsibility if they don't cover themselves for these kind of risks. Same goes for being brought up poor and with little chances in life - if you want it badly enough you'll make it happen. My husband and I are from poor families and nobody was lining up to help us. We got where we are through hard work and sacrifices.
Are you for real?
Old Feb 9th 2008, 2:19 pm

mdyoung is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Thydney
Yeah what a joke ha ha ha my IQ is 140 and my kids qualify for free school meals and if I were a citizen I would qualify for welfare. The reason? Catastrophic illness. We have medical insurance/sickness insurance but they wormed their way out of most of it all leaving us with big bills and no real income or the means to fight them in the courts. So yes wanker there are intelligent people on welfare.
Look I live in a neighborhood where these people live and yeah there might be a few smart people in the group, but most have dropped out of school and if brains were dynamite they couldn't blow their nose.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 2:25 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mdyoung
Look I live in a neighborhood where these people live and yeah there might be a few smart people in the group, but most have dropped out of school and if brains were dynamite they couldn't blow their nose.
You shouldn't make sweeping generalisations should you?
Old Feb 9th 2008, 2:33 pm

You shouldn't make sweeping generalisations should you?
There are always exceptions to the rule, but I'll stick to what I said that most people on welfare are the sharpest tools in the shed. Dumb parents produce dumb kids and it just goes on and on will the help of the government.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 2:35 pm
Not dead yet

There are always exceptions to the rule, but I'll stick to what I said that most people on welfare are the sharpest tools in the shed. Dumb parents produce dumb kids and it just goes on and on will the help of the government.
Well I guess you came from a dumb family then
Old Feb 9th 2008, 2:41 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have come across the same thing, remnded me of Please Sir, who was the main charachter who could not do maths, but was awesome at betting odds.

But works both ways, I can think of several people I was at school with who went to Oxbridge, but would have no clue.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 2:41 pm

Well I guess you came from a dumb family then
Maybe, but I have a fairly good job with a home that's paid for and my kid doesn't eat government cheese for lunch.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

DavidM is an unknown quantity at this point

Hold on though, we made need those tracksuit dummies to drive the Sharia crowd back to Mongolstan.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 2:45 pm
Not dead yet

Maybe, but I have a fairly good job with a home that's paid for and my kid doesn't eat government cheese for lunch.
I hope you don't get ill because so did we
Old Feb 9th 2008, 2:45 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

There but for the grace of God go I in this society. Remember that post when you get old and sick
Old Feb 9th 2008, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

DavidM is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope you don't get ill because so did we
Why didn't you just get on a plane and go back to the NHS? That's what I would do even if I was ill.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
There but for the grace of God go I in this society. Remember that post when you get old and sick
No I went to school and did more than look out the window and have worked hard at whatever job I had. No one gave me anything.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 2:59 pm
Not dead yet

Originally Posted by DavidM
Why didn't you just get on a plane and go back to the NHS? That's what I would do even if I was ill.
We had insurance from an employer who's one of the biggest in the industry, we had sickness insurance. The illness was very sudden three weeks in hospital six weeks of out patient treatments ongoing meds. all supposedly paid for until we started getting the 'Sorry we've rejected this claim' letters.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 3:01 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

No I went to school and did more than look out the window and have worked hard at whatever job I had. No one gave me anything.
I got less, did better at school than you and have a better job, bigger house, smarter kids and a sexier wife. However I still have some empathy for people that are thrown a curveball in life. Now what ?!
Old Feb 9th 2008, 3:01 pm
Not dead yet

Oh so we sat on our arses? Everytime you open your mouth you sound like an even bigger arse. It took a couple of months to get in this state.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.