Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

These Tax rebate cheques

These Tax rebate cheques

Old Feb 11th 2008, 1:32 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: These Tax rebate cheques

Originally Posted by mdyoung
Why would you be looking at photos of a guy in his boxers anyway? LOL
Google cpltony and click around. Hours of endless fun...I assure you.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 1:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
You know, I started with nothing but worked my way up. I now live on Soc. Sec, my work pension, my 401k/IRA and savings, I worked damned hard to get here.

BUT I THANK PROVIDENCE THAT I'M NOT AS DAMNED SMUG AND SUPERCILIOUS AS YOU.
IMHO it's down to sensible planning and an awful lot of luck.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 1:37 am

mdyoung is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fatbrit
I gave up with the telly after crossing the Pond. NPR is pretty good. Failing that, try the shoestring coverage on PBS. Of course, if you really want ot know what's happening, the foreign press and media available on the WWW will give you the best coverage. Sad really, aint it?
Truthfully, if you haven't noticed I spend more time on the Net than watching TV. Right now wife and kid are watching the Grammys and here I sit putting my Dale Carnegie course to use. LOL
Old Feb 11th 2008, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
IMHO it's down to sensible planning and an awful lot of luck.
I don't think he got the meaning of what I was talking about with having Social Security trouble.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 1:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think he got the meaning of what I was talking about with having Social Security trouble.
We've lived here for 12 years...financially everything is hunky dorey but we do realise it could all change on a dime and we could be running back to the UK with our tails between our legs. Like I said it's down to sensible planning and an awful lot of luck.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Feb 11th 2008 at 1:45 am.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 1:43 am
Cpl Tony

cpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to all

Yep thats me.
But why you'd post it here I do not know.
Save a copy for yourself by all means, but can you please remove it from this thread.
We obviously do not agree on a lot, but can you kindly refrain from pulling items about other details of my life in an attempt put me down. Thank you
That photo was taken as a 'before' photo for an exercise thread on a separate forum. The file name 'sexy tony' was from my wife.

Back on topic
Nobody's a fan of O'Reilly or Faux News. Either you have some basic intelligence and have their number......or you don't.
Recent independent polls and studies have found Fox News to be the most 'balanced'. Hence their logo 'Fair & Balanced'.
Although I do agree with mdyoungs statement of 'otherside of the story'

I'm sorry you think no one is a fan, but their numbers say otherwise when compared to other news networks. Also O'Reilly has been the one of if not the top rated show on Cable news for a long time.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 1:44 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Dale Carnegie and here I sit putting my Dale Carnegie course to use. LOL
Don't you somehow think America has been heading somewhat in the wrong direction over the last 7 years -- and much of that can actually be laid at the door of Faux?

BTW, her-indoors is similarly occupied. She shouts every time the commercials come on to keep me up to date on this fascinating contest. Seems to be about every 5 minutes -- bloody waste of space US tv.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 1:46 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by cpltony
Yep thats me.
But why you'd post it here I do not know.
Save a copy for yourself by all means, but can you please remove it from this thread.
We obviously do not agree on a lot, but can you kindly refrain from pulling items about other details of my life in an attempt put me down. Thank you
That photo was taken as a 'before' photo for an exercise thread on a separate forum. The file name 'sexy tony' was from my wife.
Sorry -- thought from what you'd said it wasn't you. I'll remove it in a minute -- or you can knock it off your photobucket account.

Back on topic

Recent independent polls and studies have found Fox News to be the most 'balanced'. Hence their logo 'Fair & Balanced'.
Although I do agree with mdyoungs statement of 'otherside of the story'

I'm sorry you think no one is a fan, but their numbers say otherwise when compared to other news networks. Also O'Reilly has been the one of if not the top rated show on Cable news for a long time.
So popularity is everything is it?
Old Feb 11th 2008, 1:47 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

e's avin' a laff
are you avin' a laff?
Old Feb 11th 2008, 1:48 am
Cpl Tony

cpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to all

Sorry -- thought from what you'd said it wasn't you. I'll remove it in a minute -- or you can knock it off your photobucket account.

So popularity is everything is it?
I've renamed and will relink on the other forum. Thank you

You can put the numbers down to popularity, but if people are watching and continue to watch....they must be doing something right.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 1:50 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

You can put the numbers down to popularity, but if people are watching and continue to watch....they must be doing something right.
by this rationale The Sun would be the best newspaper in the UK and MacDonalds the best restaurants in the USA
Old Feb 11th 2008, 1:52 am
Septicity

I've renamed and will relink on the other forum. Thank you

If you screen a BBW being poked by a donkey, you'll also get good viewing figures. I am not questioning Fox's business acumen but rather their morals.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 2:02 am
Cpl Tony

Originally Posted by elfman
by this rationale The Sun would be the best newspaper in the UK and MacDonalds the best restaurants in the USA
I see your point with that.
McDonalds has been proven to be bad for you, yet people continue to go.
I put this down to convenience and price.
Plenty of news networks, but Fox has the best ratings.
You can't put this down to price or convenience.
A large portion of the viewers may just be sticking with a name they know.
But I still believe it to be the viewers going with the 'Fair & Balanced' style.

As for The Sun, is page 3 still the same?
Old Feb 11th 2008, 2:07 am

Don't you somehow think America has been heading somewhat in the wrong direction over the last 7 years -- and much of that can actually be laid at the door of Faux?.
In that I'm against the War in Iraq and Bush has spent us into a hole that we might not ever get out of. Going back to the original posting of this thread I'm against this vote buying give-away. The problem is the choices we are going to have don't look all that good to me.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 2:29 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

I see your point with that.
McDonalds has been proven to be bad for you, yet people continue to go.
I put this down to convenience and price.
Plenty of news networks, but Fox has the best ratings.
You can't put this down to price or convenience.
A large portion of the viewers may just be sticking with a name they know.
But I still believe it to be the viewers going with the 'Fair & Balanced' style.

As for The Sun, is page 3 still the same?
Yes Page 3 is the same, much like this thread it has two tits there everyday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.