Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Is there a US equivalent to moneysaving expert?

Is there a US equivalent to moneysaving expert?

Old Jun 19th 2012, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

LillyRobeson is on a distinguished road
Default Is there a US equivalent to moneysaving expert?

Just wondering! I really miss Martin Lewis and his great tips.
Old Jun 19th 2012, 3:24 am
BE Enthusiast

TimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Is there a US equivalent to moneysaving expert?

There are a couple of well-publicized "personal finance gurus" out here.

The ones that come to mind are Clark Howard, Suze Orman and Dave Ramsey. Clark Howard is on CNN, Suze Orman on MSNBC (?) on Saturday Night and at least Clark and Dave have podcasts you get for free.

Personally I prefer Clark Howard's advice, Dave Ramsey can get a little repetitive and I don't watch enough Suze Orman for a fully formed opinion. However what I've seen, I mostly agree with.
Old Jun 19th 2012, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

LillyRobeson is on a distinguished road

Thanks! I was hoping for a great website like moneysavingexpert.com with all the great tips in one place, vouchers etc.
Old Jun 19th 2012, 3:50 am
BE Enthusiast

TimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of light

Haven't found that sort of site yet, unfortunately.
Old Jun 19th 2012, 11:40 am
nun
BE Forum Addict

nun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond repute

There are lots

bankrate.com
bogleheads.org
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 10:09 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't Motley Fool (Fool.com) something similar?

www.fool.com
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Motley Fool certainly has the sort of forums that might well act as a good substitute for the moneysavingexperts forums. Some of the content requires payment but I can't remember if that includes the forums or not.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nun
There are lots

bankrate.com
bogleheads.org
Yep, bankrate is the one I usually gravitate towards.