Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Is there any truth in the love for the accent?

Is there any truth in the love for the accent?

Old Apr 30th 2011, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

spazman21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is there any truth in the love for the accent?

Originally Posted by Cuthbert Rizla
Well ain't that a coincidence because it was at a farm just outside Tillsonburg where I spent nearly a month picking tobacco.
Sleeping in a wooden bunkhouse with a bunch of itinerant workers from all over, up before dawn to sit on a ground-level trailer picking tobacco leaves until just after lunchtime when it was too hot to work and then quick shower and into town to hit the bars.
I had great fun as a wet-behind-the-ears 18-year-old and I was lucky to fall in with a kindly tobacco farmer and his family who kept an eye on me.
Earned enough money to hitch-hike across to Niagara Falls and into the States before spending weeks journeying and shagging across to San Fransisco.
Of course that was before AIDS, terrorism and the Department of Homeland Security.
Try hitch-hiking today !

Sounds absolutely awesome.... reminds me of the novel "On the Road," by Jack Kerouac.

No way would you every be able to do something like that these days!
Old May 1st 2011, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

fashionista will become famous soon enoughfashionista will become famous soon enough

Yesterday I went shopping for the first time and three different strangers stopped me to tell me how "cute" my accent is after overhearing me talking to my other-half.

None of them spontaneously dropped their pants though!
Old May 1st 2011, 7:40 pm
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

I get more compliments on my accent by black women than white women.
Old May 1st 2011, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

Lakersdarge is an unknown quantity at this point

Cuthbert, please post more... you should do a blog or similar on your adventures, I'm sure it would be fascinating and entertaining stuff.

Also, I think you and Mick from that N400 thread should be in a road movie or something together.
Old May 2nd 2011, 7:36 am
CR1 VISA

Brucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fashionista
Yesterday I went shopping for the first time and three different strangers stopped me to tell me how "cute" my accent is after overhearing me talking to my other-half.

None of them spontaneously dropped their pants though!
Today you've learnt to go shopping on your own next time.
Old May 2nd 2011, 10:01 am
Banned

Cuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Lakersdarge
Cuthbert, please post more... you should do a blog or similar on your adventures, I'm sure it would be fascinating and entertaining stuff.

Also, I think you and Mick from that N400 thread should be in a road movie or something together.
Will do.
When I have an idle moment I'll tell you about working as a bouncer at a massage parlour in Toronto.
You'll never look at Johnson's Baby Oil in the same way again !
Old May 2nd 2011, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

fashionista will become famous soon enoughfashionista will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Brucky
Today you've learnt to go shopping on your own next time.
Hah!