Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Is there any News in American Newscasts?

Is there any News in American Newscasts?

Old Aug 14th 2007, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there any News in American Newscasts?

Originally Posted by DIRECTV
I just watched my local news and so far there's been two dog stories, a cat story, a squirrel on water ski's story, and funny story about a pig getting caught in a doggy door. I thought I was watching Animal Planet for a second. What happened to the news?
Must be true, as no one seems to have noticed the Karl Rove resignation.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 5:30 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

I often want to know what happened locally but it's not easy to find out, eg some local roads were closed because a park ranger had shot a teenager dead a couple of weeks ago in what appeared to be a panic reaction (going by what others told me), didn't see it reported.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 5:44 am
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

I find my local news stations do just fine reporting local news here in SF.
The news networks do a poor job, but if anyone is interested enough the information is out there from any number of sources. Personally I'd put more credence to PBS Newshour and CSpan than the BBC.

The growing general agreement that the culture of the BBC (and not just the BBC) is the culture of the chattering classes provokes a question that has puzzled me for 40 years. The question itself is simple – much simpler than the answer: what is behind the opinions and attitudes of this social group?

http://www.biased-bbc.blogspot.com/