Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Are there any Expats happy in the US?

Are there any Expats happy in the US?

Old Jul 16th 2006, 4:49 am
Just Joined

patbrit7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are there any Expats happy in the US?

We hit 101 here in Denver today, and higher tomorrow. Of course, we don't get the humidity, so it's not unbearable if you HAVE to go out in it! It's going to be hotter than hell because we soon have 4 people coming over from GB followed shortly by 2 more, and it always gets unbearably hot just for them! I wonder if it will cool down by the middle of Aug. when I have to go back to work in my non-air-conditioned school building. Can you believe they expect kids to learn anything in 90 deg. heat??!

Originally Posted by jobyone1
It's 85 degrees right now.. expecting 95 today and humidity of six hundred thousand or something.

We have really nice seasons here... very much the definition of each season, lots of sun in summer.. lots of snow in winter etc... If there were any beaches around, life would be wonderful.

Gotta go... hubby is about to start my day of pampering.. have fun with the laundry!

Old Jul 18th 2006, 12:29 am
Banned

leedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to all
Default Re: Are there any Expats happy in the US?

Originally Posted by The Undecided Scot
Are there arny Expats living in the US, that are happy and want to remain living in the country? If so, how do you do it?

It seems to me that there are many who want to return home (be it after 1 year, 5 years or 10 years...).
I've been here 7 years now and have yet to even go back for a visit. I haven't needed to as most of my family and a couple of my close friends have come to visit me many times over the years. However, I will be returning for a 10 day vacation this coming fall so even if this trip gives me the urge to move back to the UK, I still would never do it because its so bloody expensive to live their.