Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Thats the sound of the "men" working on the chain gang

Thats the sound of the "men" working on the chain gang

Old Mar 11th 2004, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thats the sound of the "men" working on the chain gang

Convicted teens toil on new chain gang

Quynh Tran
The Arizona Republic
Mar. 11, 2004 12:00 AM

Dressed in black and white stripes and shackled ankle to ankle, nine teenagers worked as a chain gang Wednesday morning.

The youths, serving time at Maricopa County Jail, will earn school credit for their time pulling weeds at the corner of 18th and Washington streets in Phoenix

Sheriff Joe Arpaio strikes again! lol

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...aingang11.html
Old Mar 11th 2004, 9:09 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

I saw that on Arizona News Channel 3 yesterday. Maybe it will make other teenage thugs think twice before they rob someone or steal their car. I think we need something like that in the UK!
Old Mar 11th 2004, 9:17 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thats the sound of the "men" working on the chain gang

Thats terrible treating people that way..and chain gangs how medieval... Here in Florida we chain them together and they wear the stripes..But they are called Tandem work crews..sound so much nicer..
Old Mar 11th 2004, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Sherrif Joe makes them wear pink underware under the stripes too.

He is famous for spending more money to feed the prison dog a day, than to feed the prisoners.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Rockgurl
I saw that on Arizona News Channel 3 yesterday. Maybe it will make other teenage thugs think twice before they rob someone or steal their car. I think we need something like that in the UK!
At least you're not watching Fox10. I cannot stand those guys!. lol I watch CBS 5 for the local news. Its only slightly less dramatic than Fox 10.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Pimpbot
Convicted teens toil on new chain gang

Quynh Tran
The Arizona Republic
Mar. 11, 2004 12:00 AM

Dressed in black and white stripes and shackled ankle to ankle, nine teenagers worked as a chain gang Wednesday morning.

The youths, serving time at Maricopa County Jail, will earn school credit for their time pulling weeds at the corner of 18th and Washington streets in Phoenix

Sheriff Joe Arpaio strikes again! lol

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...aingang11.html
Sheriff Joe is a media hound. Everything he does is carefully orchestrated to get his face on TV. Did you notice how the youngsters were carefully lined up behind him when he did his interview.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by effi
Sheriff Joe is a media hound. Everything he does is carefully orchestrated to get his face on TV. Did you notice how the youngsters were carefully lined up behind him when he did his interview.
Thats so true. Do you remember a few months back when he had a huge crack down on massage parlours and parlours run from the suburbs. The thing was all over the news, as was Joes face. The whole thing cost us the tax payer around $2,000,000 dollars and yet Joe admitted that most of the women and the johns that were arrested would be back to doing what they were doing within days. Just about everyone I spoke to thought it was a huge waste of time, but all about face time for sherriff Joe. I then heard last week, that they are going to do the same thing again soon. He's up for re-election at the end of the year.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 11:28 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pimpbot
At least you're not watching Fox10. I cannot stand those guys!. lol I watch CBS 5 for the local news. Its only slightly less dramatic than Fox 10.
Yeah, but they don't have Patti Kirkpatrick reading the news every day.