Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Thatcher in hospital

Thatcher in hospital

Old Dec 7th 2005, 9:18 pm
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light
Default Thatcher in hospital

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/4508546.stm

Apparently she was "feeling faint", poor love. I hope that wasn't an NHS hospital, considering all the people who can't get treatment for real illnesses thanks to her decimation of the NHS.
Old Dec 7th 2005, 9:19 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thatcher in hospital

Originally Posted by nxylas

Apparently she was "feeling faint", poor love. I hope that wasn't an NHS hospital, considering all the people who can't get treatment for real illnesses thanks to her decimation of the NHS.
Buggar, it was a false alarm, I'll get the champagne out of the fridge again
Old Dec 7th 2005, 9:23 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

OK, I don't really have an opinion either way on MT, but please explain to me how she decimated the NHS.
Is this the same way that she single-handedly destroyed the coal mining industry (ignoring the fact that coal reserves were running out and that Arthur Scargil was a lunatic) and killed the hunger strikers (ignoring the fact that they refused to eat) ???

I'm just curious, that's all.

Last edited by BigDavyG; Dec 7th 2005 at 9:36 pm. Reason: More spelling luncay
Old Dec 7th 2005, 9:29 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
OK, I don't really have an opinion either way on MT, but please explain to me how she decimated the NHS.
Is this the same way that she single-handedly destroyed the goal mining industry (ignoring the fact that coal resevers were running out and that Arthur Scargil was a lunatic) and killed the hunger strikers (ignoring the fact that they refused to eat) ???

I always wondered where goals came from!!
Old Dec 7th 2005, 9:31 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Is this the same way that she single-handedly destroyed the coal mining industry (ignoring the fact that coal reserves were running out and that Arthur Scargil was a lunatic) and killed the hunger strikers (ignoring the fact that they refused to eat) ???

I have no idea what you're talking about

Last edited by BigDavyG; Dec 7th 2005 at 9:36 pm.
Old Dec 7th 2005, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Oh - come on, living in this country would you rather we all have medicare. And good old Thatcherite Tony Blair has hardy made a difference...
Old Dec 7th 2005, 9:33 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by izibear
I always wondered where goals came from!!
You must a Sunderland fan then

I was born and grew up in a coal mining village and MT was never the most popular of people...... having said that ... it wasn't all bad and she did more for the UK than that little sleaze ball Blair .....
Old Dec 7th 2005, 10:36 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

she can afford to go private, but that's hardly the point though...shouldn't she be any more entitled to the care than say George Best or Ronnie Biggs for example?
Old Dec 7th 2005, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
she can afford to go private, but that's hardly the point though...shouldn't she be any more entitled to the care than say George Best or Ronnie Biggs for example?
well they took her to A+E so thats NHS
Old Dec 7th 2005, 11:32 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big D
well they took her to A+E so thats NHS
Well I was saying that she's just as entitled to it as anyone else that lives in the UK...
Old Dec 8th 2005, 12:01 am
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute

At least when she was in charge we were nobody's rubbing rags and had some pride and self respect.

Not like today when the country is run be someone who has his head stuck up the arse of America's village idiot. (obligtory smiley )
Old Dec 8th 2005, 1:09 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Oh - come on, living in this country would you rather we all have medicare. And good old Thatcherite Tony Blair has hardy made a difference...
Old Dec 8th 2005, 1:36 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

God bless Maggie. Hope she makes a full recovery and comes back as tory party leader in the next election and gets that f**king idiot out of #10.

You never had it so good!!!!
Old Dec 8th 2005, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Partystar
I meant that from experiences over in the US that the NHS is better than the experience for those over here without insurance
Old Dec 8th 2005, 1:43 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

I meant that from experiences over in the US that the NHS is better than the experience for those over here without insurance
Yes, I agree, I'd much rather have the NHS here, we don't have medical insurance, hubby's job screwed us over & we have just been left hanging.

I was wondering what you meant about the second part of your post, the bit about Tony Blair?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.