Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Thanksgiving Recipes

Thanksgiving Recipes

Old Oct 31st 2005, 9:03 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thanksgiving Recipes

Originally Posted by Celsius
Curious. First item on recipe above is bacon. Isn't Tori Spelling Jewish?
PMSL yes! But apparently her parents are Jewish, she doesn't say anything about herself!!

She does answer this question though, it's creeepy!

Q: What’s the wackiest Halloween costume you’ve ever worn?

A: My mom used to go nuts and dress me up when I was young. At 5, she dressed me as a bride, and the dress had fake boobs in it. She went to a midget store and got me these little high heels and put makeup on me and everything. I was totally into it.
Old Oct 31st 2005, 9:30 pm
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold

THE EASIEST TURKEY - MOIST AND TASTY - FROM JAMIE OLIVER I THINK...

Take rashers of streaky bacon (that's all you can buy here and this is the only thing this sh*t stuff is good for) and place over the legs and breast and cook in the oven as normal.

For the last 45 mins, take the rashers out and chuck em away (or eat them if your sad).

Seriously, the rashers are the best slow basting method on the planet. I do it everyy Crimbo and TG now, succulent, tasty and moist.

Has anyone tried honey roasted roast potatoes and parsnips. Another Jamie Oliver special but they are so awesome. Every American I've served them too think they are the best thing they've ever tasted (not hard I know) and of course it teaches the yanks what Parsnips are
Old Oct 31st 2005, 9:39 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

A topical Joke
Attached Thumbnails Thanksgiving Recipes-image001.jpg  
Old Oct 31st 2005, 10:01 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franc111s
It's oist because the tosser slobbers all over it
Old Nov 1st 2005, 12:53 pm

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

Take rashers of streaky bacon (that's all you can buy here and this is the only thing this sh*t stuff is good for) and place over the legs and breast and cook in the oven as normal.

For the last 45 mins, take the rashers out and chuck em away (or eat them if your sad).

Seriously, the rashers are the best slow basting method on the planet. I do it everyy Crimbo and TG now, succulent, tasty and moist.

Has anyone tried honey roasted roast potatoes and parsnips. Another Jamie Oliver special but they are so awesome. Every American I've served them too think they are the best thing they've ever tasted (not hard I know) and of course it teaches the yanks what Parsnips are
I love parsnips! Can you give me the recipe?

p.s.. I'm def going to try the bacon!
Old Nov 1st 2005, 1:23 pm
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pigtails
I love parsnips! Can you give me the recipe?

p.s.. I'm def going to try the bacon!
I have the Newspaper clipping from last Christmas and thanks to google I searched for the recipe name "Best Potatoes with Sticky Parsnips" - and voila :

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/2...otatoes_wi.php

Enjoy....

Here's another from the same Christmas Newspaper article :

Cheeky Christmas Turkey, with braised leeks and the best wine gravy..

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/2..._christmas.php

Old Nov 1st 2005, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

I have the Newspaper clipping from last Christmas and thanks to google I searched for the recipe name "Best Potatoes with Sticky Parsnips" - and voila :

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/2...otatoes_wi.php

Enjoy....

Here's another from the same Christmas Newspaper article :

Cheeky Christmas Turkey, with braised leeks and the best wine gravy..

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/2..._christmas.php

Wine gravy? I don't think so. Wine is for drinking.... (attributed to Keith Floyd).
Old Nov 1st 2005, 11:21 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
That would thlobberth.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 10:16 am
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
I saw one of his School Dinners shows, and he kissed the pizza dough he was making, saying you have to put love into everything you cook...
Old Nov 5th 2005, 5:39 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbark
I saw one of his School Dinners shows, and he kissed the pizza dough he was making, saying you have to put love into everything you cook...
My husband says the same thing!

Anyways, for everyone who loathes that disgusting sweet potato and marshmallow abomination, heres an alternative to cook for your US family:

Sweet Potato and Apple Casserole

Ingredients
3 medium apples
3 small sweet potatoes
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup sugar or use a bit of stevia
½ teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon grated orange peel
¼ cup orange juice

Wash sweet potatoes, prick with fork and microwave on high for 8 minutes. Slip the skins off and slice into ½ inch slices. Peel apples and slice crossways into ½ inch rings (core apples first if you want) . Combine salt. sugar, nutmeg and orange peel into a small bowl. Alternate slices of sweet potatoes and apples in a deep 1 – ½ quart casserole dish.
Sprinkle mixture in bowl over each layer. Add orange juice and cover.
Micorwave on high for 6 mins
Old Nov 5th 2005, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

we usually have turkey with all the trimmings etc but instead of boiled veggies and roast taters I do Delia Smiths roasted roots (deliaonline.com) which are soo yummmy we also do baked sweet potatoes with cinnamon butter. Bake sweet taters same as you would a regular spud, mix some butter with a shake of cinnamon (not too much) and serve !

no marshmallow yam yakky thing here nor sweetcorn

Jan