Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Thanksgiving Dinner

Thanksgiving Dinner

Old Nov 21st 2012, 6:21 pm
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Thanksgiving Dinner

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Might I suggest that you don't combine beer and chainsaws, unless you are into titanium limbs.

We are invited to friends, and I will just have to be polite since sweet potatoes and corn pudding feature prominently. There isn't even any booze. I do it so that my American born son can have a Thanksgiving celebration of some kind and not feel left out.
No BOOZE?????

I'm so sorry!
Old Nov 21st 2012, 7:06 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Awwww....come on now... Make a starter, puuhhhhllllleeeeasssse....
Originally Posted by tonrob
Go on - over roasted sprouts with a chipotle aioli.
Will you two behave

tonrob, there will be sprouts with the ham or power balls as we like to call them. Dates back to when The Dude was little and going through a power rangers phase. Yes my 5 year old (now 14) loves his sprouts
Old Nov 21st 2012, 7:39 pm
Banned

JRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Might I suggest that you don't combine beer and chainsaws, unless you are into titanium limbs.

We are invited to friends, and I will just have to be polite since sweet potatoes and corn pudding feature prominently. There isn't even any booze. I do it so that my American born son can have a Thanksgiving celebration of some kind and not feel left out.
No booze?????
Old Nov 21st 2012, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeoffM
Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Look for a regular butcher (not easy to find nowadays) Of course the day before Thanksgiving might be asking for too much!
I didn't think we had any - but a Google search points me to a place several miles away that also sells "Microbrew Beers from around the world" - I'm there! Thanks.
Turns out they don't sell pork shoulder (which is apparently what gammon is). Odd for a butcher - I thought they sold all the bits. Anyway, went to Costco and picked up a couple in there, along with plenty of wine for moi. I'm not risking an alcohol-free day.

Interesting to note the panic buying before Thanksgiving that is common in the UK before Christmas.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 12:26 am
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

I haveto go to my brother-in-laws house so we can all marvel at his legendarily shit parenting. I try not to be judgmental but then my son wasn't returned to me by police when he was 18 months old because he'd run off without anyone noticing.

Anyhoo - everyone will be drunk except me. I don't drink. And as I'll be dry I can get the kids in the car and the **** out of there as soon as they've swallowed the last piece of pumpkin pie.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 12:34 am
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Off to DH ex wife and family - she is a wonderful cook ---which im not so im looking forward to it
Went last year and had the usual traditional meal

Happy Thanksgiving y'all!!
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 12:41 am
Banned

JRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex
I haveto go to my brother-in-laws house so we can all marvel at his legendarily shit parenting. I try not to be judgmental but then my son wasn't returned to me by police when he was 18 months old because he'd run off without anyone noticing.

Anyhoo - everyone will be drunk except me. I don't drink. And as I'll be dry I can get the kids in the car and the **** out of there as soon as they've swallowed the last piece of pumpkin pie.
A writer who doesn't drink

Sure you're not a closet Mormon?
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 12:52 am
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JRG67
A writer who doesn't drink

Sure you're not a closet Mormon?
I do however chug coffee like a lunatic.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 12:58 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex
I do however chug coffee like a lunatic.
I'll forgive you then Not sure if Hemmingway or Fitzgerald would approve tho'
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 1:01 am
Yeah that guy.

I'll forgive you then Not sure if Hemmingway or Fitzgerald would approve tho'
If it helps I bet both of them would pay quite a bit for some of my meds.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 1:03 am
Banned

Interesting. What are you selling?
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 1:43 am
BE Enthusiast

taffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud of

We're going to a local buffet tomorrow, but to friends on Saturday. My H volunteered me to make Yorkshire Puddings, which I have never done before, and we need enough for 25
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 1:47 am
Banned

Originally Posted by taffie77
We're going to a local buffet tomorrow, but to friends on Saturday. My H volunteered me to make Yorkshire Puddings, which I have never done before, and we need enough for 25
I hope you volunteered him to wash the dishes
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 1:53 am
BE Enthusiast

taffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud of

I hope you volunteered him to wash the dishes
Ha ha, that can be the surprise on Saturday
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 1:57 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tinaflorida
No BOOZE?????

I'm so sorry!
No booze?????
I know, I know. What am I supposed to give thanks for, exactly???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.