Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Thanks!! Especially to Rete...and an EAD question.

Thanks!! Especially to Rete...and an EAD question.

Old Apr 17th 2002, 7:13 am
spiral

Default Thanks!! Especially to Rete...and an EAD question.

Hi there,

Its been a while since I posted, I was in a dilemma due to an unnotarized form that my husband and I had sent in with all of our other AOS forms. Stupid, I know but we were in such a rush and a panic that it got overlooked.

Anyway, people here on the forum were great and gave me good advice, especially you Rete...you have answered quite a few of my posts and have had sound guidance for me ...and I just wanted to say that its all been very appreciated )

The upshot is that all the forms came back last week with the minimum of drama. The INS have begun to process everything and just requested that the unnotarized form be notarized and returned ( which we did within a day). Everything else was paperclipped together in an orderly fashion (yes, by THEM!) and theres no more problems at this stage.

I did have a question ...as i understand it, the next stage will be that the INS ask me to go for an interview and provide fingerprints etc for my EAD. Should I take anything with me?? I know they need ADIT pics...which I have sent, but should i go with certain things (or duplicate pics??) just in case the INS have 'mislaid' anything vital???

Thanks

Old Apr 17th 2002, 2:40 pm
Andy Platt

Default Re: Thanks!! Especially to Rete...and an EAD question.

"spiral" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I did have a question ...as i understand it, the next stage will be that the INS
    > ask me to go for an interview and provide fingerprints etc for my EAD. Should I
    > take anything with me?? I know they need ADIT pics...which I have sent, but should
    > i go with certain things (or duplicate pics??) just in case the INS have 'mislaid'
    > anything vital???

The appointment letter should tell you what to bring. For Arlington they wanted your
passport (they never looked at it), proof of residency in VA or DC - I took my
driver's license and the letter. They'll take the picture anyway and throw away the
ADIT photos you sent.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.