Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Thank you for the music, the songs your singing....

Thank you for the music, the songs your singing....

Old Aug 6th 2003, 6:45 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Stumpyguy
I vaguely remember Maggie Philbin. Didn't she do a stint on Blue Peter?
I don't think she did Blue peter, but wasn't she on Tomorrows World? It was hilarious the way none of the demos ever worked as they were supposed to, especially when they went live.

Does any one remember the band called Brown Sauce they had on Swap Shop? Noel, Cheggars and Maggie recorded the song "I just wanna be a winner" (at least I think that's what it was)
What a Classic!!!
Old Aug 6th 2003, 7:14 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thank you for the music, the songs your singing....

Originally posted by AndrewR
Thats being a bit kind to Moyles isn't it? By the way....(and I am setting up a punchline here?)....who are the two more annoying people on this planet?
Thats up to your personal preference - there are always two people you find really annoying and have an urge to nail your scrotum to the table when they walk in the room or come on TV.

For me at the moment its Dubya and RayinPA. Normally it isn't rayinpa but Katie Kurik or Stone Phillips, both annoying in a "we are so great because we are on tv kind of way". I would like to see Stone Phillips caught in the rain and see all that hair dye run down his face!

It took 100's of hours of therapy to get over Noel Edmunds, those sweaters, Keith and Maggie (and of course John Craven)! Please don't open those wounds again. Did anyone see him Naked, aaarrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhh!

That 200 pop icons, what a load of rubbish, Elvis #3, Brittany Spears in the top 20.....
Old Aug 6th 2003, 7:38 pm
Oxymath and eremite

Stumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by ladyofthelake
I don't think she did Blue peter, but wasn't she on Tomorrows World? It was hilarious the way none of the demos ever worked as they were supposed to, especially when they went live.

Does any one remember the band called Brown Sauce they had on Swap Shop? Noel, Cheggars and Maggie recorded the song "I just wanna be a winner" (at least I think that's what it was)
What a Classic!!!
That's right it was Tomorrows World. Seems very funny now doesn't it, at the time they seemed to be fixated on pens with digital watches in them, and Sir Clive Sinclair's latest completely impractical vehicle.

Oh God, Brown Sauce. Shudder. That is one of life's doors I wouldn't want to see opened again.

Now TISWAS on the other hand was quite good, at least during the Chris Tarrant years. I can still picture Sally James's plunging necklines. Wonder what she is doing now?
Old Aug 6th 2003, 7:54 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Stumpyguy
I can still picture Sally James's plunging necklines. Wonder what she is doing now?
I could tell you what she is doing in my head! Molly Ringwald, Debbie Harry and Sally James - need I say more about my teenage years!

Anyone remember the adult Tiswas spinoff, I can't remember the name of it now.

All aboard the Skylark

Patrick

Last edited by Patrick; Aug 6th 2003 at 7:58 pm.
Old Aug 6th 2003, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point

Tomorrows World, what a great show, I remember all their demonstrations used to fail badly and ended with the words 'It worked well in rehearsal all day'.

One failure I watched was when they tried to send a copy of something through a phone line after placing it in this machine the size of a small house. It didn't work and I remember my dad (god rest his soul) saying, 'Huh what a waste of time that invention is'......................and he was right, the Fax machine never did catch on lol.

Rob
Old Aug 6th 2003, 8:10 pm
Oxymath and eremite

Stumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Patrick
I could tell you what she is doing in my head! Molly Ringwald, Debbie Harry and Sally James - need I say more about my teenage years!

Anyone remember the adult Tiswas spinoff, I can't remember the name of it now.

All aboard the Skylark

Patrick
I think it was called The Saturday Show, and I think it was broadcast shortly after closing time (which says even more about my late teenage years...).

Time for bed says Zebedee... BOIIIIING!
Old Aug 6th 2003, 8:10 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

.... Anyone remember the adult Tiswas spinoff, I can't remember the name of it now. .....
"OTT", wasn't it?
Old Aug 6th 2003, 8:12 pm
Oxymath and eremite

Originally posted by Pulaski
"OTT", wasn't it?
Yes, you are correct sir.
Old Aug 6th 2003, 8:21 pm
Pagan Sex God

Originally posted by Pulaski
"OTT", wasn't it?
I was reversing out of the garage to go and pick my wife up when I remembered it was called Over The Top so ran back in to tell you all but Pulaski got there first! Now I am going to be late and get shouted at, for nothing!

Patrick
Old Aug 6th 2003, 8:27 pm
Oxymath and eremite

I was reversing out of the garage to go and pick my wife up when I remembered it was called Over The Top so ran back in to tell you all but Pulaski got there first! Now I am going to be late and get shouted at, for nothing!

Patrick
Just tell her we were talking about Sally James, I'm sure she will understand...

I think I will start another thread about English TV from the 70's-80's so we can really exorcize those demons.
Old Aug 6th 2003, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point

Tiswas was the best, I had a crush on Sally James at the time i seem to remember. A while back I listened to Chris Tarrant talking about things that went wrong on the show, this one that follows was my fave, I dug it off Google to paste:

THE CAGE If you were an adult, there was only one way to get into the studio audience for Tiswas - volunteer for a soaking in the cage. Along with various guest celebs and several t-shirted nubile women, members of the adult public were locked up for the duration, as if after some kiddie-instigated military coup, and doused liberally with water and gunk whenever Tarrant felt the show's pace was flagging, or indeed whenever he felt like it. John Peel, Rick Parfitt and several members of soft rockers Rainbow were present in one cage line-up when someone in the cage lit up a joint, live on kids' TV, until doused with a bucket by a worried Tarrant, who to this day solemnly refuses to name the guilty party. (It was one of the Rainbow 'lads'.)

Rob
Old Aug 6th 2003, 8:50 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Patrick
That has just made my afteroon! .... Hilarious!!!
Old Aug 6th 2003, 9:11 pm
Release the hounds!

AndrewR is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats up to your personal preference - there are always two people you find really annoying and have an urge to nail your scrotum to the table when they walk in the room or come on TV.

Actually I quite often have the urge to nail my scrotum to the table anyway.... (Too much information?)
Old Aug 6th 2003, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road

B O T.. I have found Train and Lifehouse, both great groups
Old Aug 7th 2003, 11:50 am

Originally posted by AndrewR
Actually I quite often have the urge to nail my scrotum to the table anyway.... (Too much information?)
If you live in The South, definitely!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.