Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

A thank you, an apology and an update

A thank you, an apology and an update

Old Apr 24th 2015, 8:58 pm
Ex-expat

Skadi has a reputation beyond reputeSkadi has a reputation beyond reputeSkadi has a reputation beyond reputeSkadi has a reputation beyond reputeSkadi has a reputation beyond reputeSkadi has a reputation beyond reputeSkadi has a reputation beyond reputeSkadi has a reputation beyond reputeSkadi has a reputation beyond reputeSkadi has a reputation beyond reputeSkadi has a reputation beyond repute
Default A thank you, an apology and an update

Hi group,

You may or may not remember me from back in 2011/2012 when I used to post here. At the time, I was living in Massachusetts and Florida, I posted under the name Ethelred The Unready and....I was male back then.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to apologize for the way in which I acted on this forum. I was very depressed, largely because of my gender at the time. I lashed out at a lot of people, rather than used this forum as an opportunity to make new friends.

I am now back in the UK. I moved back here in January and I am now living in Watford. I started my transition process 2 years ago in Florida and fortunately I have been allowed to continue it here on the NHS.

I am actually very happy to be back, although the UK has changed considerably since I left. Some of the changes are good, some bad.

I obviously have no business posting in this section of the forum, but I will probably frequent the "moved back" section, as I would like to connect with other ex-expats, as dealing with being back here is good, but is still a massive culture shock and I sort of feel more American than I do British.

I hope you are all well and hello to those of you who remember me.

Becca.
Old Apr 24th 2015, 9:02 pm
BE Practitioner (Level 2)

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A thank you, an apology and an update

Congratulations on finding a happier place.

Best of luck in the UK.
Old Apr 24th 2015, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Oh wow! I was just thinking about you!
Old Apr 24th 2015, 9:46 pm
Ex-expat

Skadi has a reputation beyond reputeSkadi has a reputation beyond reputeSkadi has a reputation beyond reputeSkadi has a reputation beyond reputeSkadi has a reputation beyond reputeSkadi has a reputation beyond reputeSkadi has a reputation beyond reputeSkadi has a reputation beyond reputeSkadi has a reputation beyond reputeSkadi has a reputation beyond reputeSkadi has a reputation beyond repute

Hey you! Familiar face, yay! How have you been??
Old Apr 24th 2015, 9:46 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

(back)
Old Apr 24th 2015, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Skadi
Hi group,

You may or may not remember me from back in 2011/2012 when I used to post here. At the time, I was living in Massachusetts and Florida, I posted under the name Ethelred The Unready and....I was male back then.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to apologize for the way in which I acted on this forum. I was very depressed, largely because of my gender at the time. I lashed out at a lot of people, rather than used this forum as an opportunity to make new friends.

I am now back in the UK. I moved back here in January and I am now living in Watford. I started my transition process 2 years ago in Florida and fortunately I have been allowed to continue it here on the NHS.

Becca.
Hello Becca....

What a coincidence...because it was only last night that I watched this with interest and fascination: (hope you can view in UK)

Old Apr 24th 2015, 10:05 pm
Ex-expat

Originally Posted by MMcD
Hello Becca....

What a coincidence...because it was only last night that I watched this with interest and fascination: (hope you can view in UK)

The quiet revolution behind the word ‘transgender’ - YouTube
It works . Interesting. I'm guessing he isn't much older than I am but you can see how attitudes are slowly changing and it's becoming more mainstream. I'm actually going to share this video on my Facebook as I have several trans friends who'd also like to see it.
Old Apr 24th 2015, 10:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Hey you! Familiar face, yay! How have you been??
I am back too! Pretty good thanks!
Old Apr 24th 2015, 10:12 pm
Ex-expat

Smile Re: A thank you, an apology and an update

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I am back too! Pretty good thanks!
No way? How are you finding it? I've been back since January.
Old Apr 24th 2015, 10:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No way? How are you finding it? I've been back since January.
Yes way! Back since August. I am glad to be back and the only difficulty is both kids being American. How about you? I guess you'll do a 'back home' update?
Old Apr 24th 2015, 10:17 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back to BE.
Old Apr 24th 2015, 10:29 pm
Ex-expat

Thumbs down Re: A thank you, an apology and an update

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Yes way! Back since August. I am glad to be back and the only difficulty is both kids being American. How about you? I guess you'll do a 'back home' update?
That's awesome! You were one of the few people on here I connected with at the time. I know you wanted to get back here too The thing with kids is they are usually more adaptive than adults.

I'm doing fine. I'm continuing my journey here, where it seems a lot more accepting. I've made friends already and I'm reunited with my family who completely accept me. I still work remotely for the company I was working for in Miami, I have a Dutch girlfriend. I'm loving the weather here at the moment and not having to drive or listen to people yack on about freedom, guns or religion. There seem to be far fewer Chavs and far more Eastern Europeans x
Old Apr 24th 2015, 10:31 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back. Watford is as good a town to be as any. I worked at a place in Vicarage Road for some time many years ago. Hope you will find what you are looking for and be happy there.
Old Apr 24th 2015, 10:40 pm
Ex-expat

Originally Posted by lansbury
Welcome back. Watford is as good a town to be as any. I worked at a place in Vicarage Road for some time many years ago. Hope you will find what you are looking for and be happy there.
It's a great town actually. I have all I need within walking distance. Great shopping, a nice enormous park I go running in, lots of restaurants and it's both close enough to London and far enough away. I have passed the football stadium a few times.
Old Apr 24th 2015, 11:05 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a great town actually. I have all I need within walking distance. Great shopping, a nice enormous park I go running in, lots of restaurants and it's both close enough to London and far enough away. I have passed the football stadium a few times.
Hey welcome back! I'm going back to England too, in about three weeks time. Keep us posted... I've heard of Watford, but I've never been there. All I know is that the Watford Gap is a different place from Watford ... ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.