Texas Law

Old Jan 26th 2005, 11:46 am
Perfumdiva1

Default Re: Texas Law

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
I'm gonna hold on calling the news, my hubby said in the e-mail he inform. the administrator(huh crook bet he gets paid too much! ) that in our post code alone there are approx. over 50 sexual predators! :scared:
those are only the registered ones mind!!

he got this info from https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/soSearch/soSearch.cfm

my god and i thought this was a nice neighbourhood!!!...it IS a nice neighbourhood!! All these kids walking in the dark!!!! GRRRR!!!

Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do

Good luck with it all, I would not be a happy bunny either

Are you from the UK

Me thinks Scottish .........

Old Jan 26th 2005, 11:49 am
Perfumdiva1

Originally Posted by Perfumdiva1
Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do

Good luck with it all, I would not be a happy bunny either

Are you from the UK

Me thinks Scottish .........

Hey, thanks for the website address, just checked it out

Old Jan 26th 2005, 11:49 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahUK
Man, I wouldn't live in Texas if you paid me. I've seen enough episodes of King of the Hill to know that.
And that's the respectable parts of Tx
Old Jan 26th 2005, 11:52 am
Perfumdiva1

Originally Posted by rincewind

Yip, I live in a very respectable part, but hey, you don' really know your neighbours, no matter where you live, now do you

Sad but true

Old Jan 26th 2005, 11:52 am
Perfumdiva1

Have you ever lived in Louisianna??

Right on par with Texas, if not worse

Old Jan 26th 2005, 11:54 am
Perfumdiva1

Oh My God

My husband loves Terry Pratchett, cant see the fascination myself, more of a Patricia Cornwell gal.........

Old Jan 26th 2005, 11:58 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Have you ever lived in Louisianna??

Right on par with Texas, if not worse
Oh great! We came to Texas from Louisianna!! 3 yrs here 5 there...i've only been in the states 8 yrs!! :scared: :scared:
Old Jan 26th 2005, 12:00 pm
Perfumdiva1

Oh great! We came to Texas from Louisianna!! 3 yrs here 5 there...i've only been in the states 8 yrs!! :scared: :scared:
Where in La were you, I have been here for 7 years in total, 1 1/2 LA, rest here

Old Jan 26th 2005, 12:01 pm
Perfumdiva1

Do I know you???????

Old Jan 26th 2005, 12:02 pm
Perfumdiva1

Let me guess, either Baton Rouge, Lafayette, or New Orleans

Old Jan 26th 2005, 12:06 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Do I know you???????
doubt it i don't get out much...lots of Scots in Lafayette though

i'm Welsh
Old Jan 26th 2005, 12:14 pm
Perfumdiva1

doubt it i don't get out much...lots of Scots in Lafayette though

i'm Welsh

Two of my good friends in Houston are Welsh, but they didnt live in Lafayette

Poor gals, didnt know what they missed, although I would have a hard time convincing them of that LOL

Surprised you have even heard of Lafayette, if you didnt live there

If you are ever my the West part of town, and fancy a coffee/lots of wine, give me a shout.

Are you in Clear Lake by any chance, my geography is just awful, so just guessing

PD

Old Jan 26th 2005, 12:50 pm
Back Again

Two of my good friends in Houston are Welsh, but they didnt live in Lafayette
i did live there, for 5 years!! glad to leave...went back last month for a visit to see ol'friends and had a blast!! I told you i don't get out too much i've never met another welsh person my full 8 yrs!!! i had a Scotsman think i was from New Zealand a few months back :scared:

lost my beautiful N.Wales accent
Old Jan 26th 2005, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Coming back to the TV suggestion I have seen that work so well in Columbia, SC. When people have tried to sort things out for themselves they have been fobbed off, phones were always busy to the department you want to be transferred to or the person you want is in a meeting etc etc. On a few occasions in the last 6 months the complaint has been phoned thro to the TV station and the response in getting answers has been astounding. I would not hesitate myself as it sounds it could make a good lead story for the local station.
Old Jan 26th 2005, 12:51 pm
Yes, Master...

Tami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the rough

You are sooo funny

How old is your little girl and the rest??

Thank God my husband doesnt travel much. but tomorrow he is off to New Orleans..

Hate when Mr PD calls from the UK to say he is eating fish and chips, I mean how cruel is that LOL

Is your Husband from Iran?
I have a lovely friend from Iran, I met her when we lived in Louisianna

I have to agree with you, single Mumhood aint for me, luckily, (too much like hard work), my boys are 15 1/2 and 12 1/2, way easier than babies LOL

Life in Houston is the same, apart from the fact they are digging up the I10 like no tomorrow, I went home to the UK for 10 days, and when I got back, Fry Road had completely disappeared, very worrying..........LOL

Where are you from originally..me, I'm Scottish and love living here, so much better/warmer/cheaper/easier

Happy girl, usually

Elaine
Sorry girls,
Just got them all down, I hope!
It's not really that bad. Just the youngest that still needs help with bathing and all. She's just turned 5 in November, then there's my son, who's going to be 12 in a couple of weeks. Next is another girl, almost 15 and finally the eldest is a girl, 20 and going to university here at Penn State.

Yes, my Hubby is originally from Iran. He came here in 1978 to go to college and the rest is History. We were married in 1984 and have lived in Indiana (my home state), Kentucky, Illinois (Chicago suburbs), Pennsylvania, Texas (I'm the one who lived in Clear Lake, LOL), and just before coming back here last June, we lived in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia for four years. We are supposed to all be together in Dubai, but there was no space in either of the American schools there last Spring, so the kids and I came here for the school year and Hubby moved to Dubai alone to open his own firm. He's starting his own business, so he's constantly traveling. He makes it over to see us every 8 weeks or so. But like I said, this life is getting old. I have absolutely NO social life, which is 180 degrees from our normal life. We have always been very social (Iranians love to have big dinner parties) and had loads of friends. Our place here in PA is actally smack in the middle of a retirement community. I'm the ONLY one with kids and no one else here is anywhere near my age (41). The youngest neighbor is 67. It's such FUN!!!

The road construction around Houston never ends. We put up with it the entire 5 years we lived there, but we LOVED Clear Lake and our subdivision. We were 10 minutes from NASA and the kids schools were AMAZING. My oldest went to Space Center Intermediate, which is actually on NASA property! It was great and I really miss it.

And finally, I love Scots. Duncan McLeod is my Fantasy man! Of course I know the actor who portrayed him is a Brit, but close enough. My lifelong dream is to have a month alone sometime to tramp around Scotland, looking at all the castles and ruins. Someday...

Last edited by Tami2; Jan 26th 2005 at 12:54 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.