Texas Law

Old Jan 26th 2005, 10:05 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Texas Law

Two years ago my kids bus route was changed so that they had to meet the bus at the nearest Elementary School,to travel to their school(it's further away as they're on the Magnet Program)

This bus stop is over 1/2 mile away , not far you say, but try walking it with 3 little ones in the dark, yeah you heard me i'm having to walk at 6:20/6:30 a.m in the dark to reach this bus stop , passing a four lane busy street filled with speeding traffic even this early in the morning!

Well last year wasn't a problem but unfortunatley this year we're a one car family...I have to walk......well only this Fall one persons child was run over (in the dark) by a car another time , a pedestrian was attacked by vicious dogs!! ambulance ,police firiing shots at the animals before they were captured the whole caboodle.. :scared:

anyway my rant...I'm too scared to do this anymore....my husband couldn't go to his job(contract stuff at all hours) because i didn't want to be without the van!! I mean i live in S.W Houston people!!

Anyway today i called the Routing folks and was told without a doubt "that the Route WILL NOT be changed....That it's State Law that Elementary Children that live within 2miles of the nearest school will have to walk to that school/bus stop etc"

Well i explained, if my kids were simply walking to school that would be fine,it would be light and the crossing guard would have arrived
"No" she insisted rather curtly..it is the same..thousand of people phone with this complaint, it's a good stop and there's nothing anybody can or will do about it!!"

now i'm getting madder, i said if thousands are complaining cos innocent children are forced to walk in the dark(risking being run over, predators etc) then there's a definite problem and i want to talk to the person who CAN change the route

anyway was wasting my breath
she told me, it's been changed HISD don't have enough money to come into everybody's sub-divisions etc

Yeah and i know why, there was a news report on it about 2 years ago, while crooked administrators give themselves bonuses and pay-raises ,drive company vehicles and eat lunch for free etc kids aren't even given the one simple consideration of their own safety when they're going to school

I hope those people rot in hell

So which is it I wonder...a greedy local school district or State Law.........
anybody else have these problems concerns??
Old Jan 26th 2005, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Big Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Texas Law

Bastards...
Old Jan 26th 2005, 10:29 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
not quite, but there's a new school near the in-laws, it's a big merger thingy, anyway, schools open, loads of kids suddenly get sick, kids not go to school, get healthy, now back to school, there sick again...school administrator is saying it's got nothing to do with the school....
which it is, there's still open walls, sheet rocking dust everwhere, the A/C contractor even complained saying the filters weren't up to scratch against the amount of dust going around the school....big mess really...
Old Jan 26th 2005, 10:39 am
Perfumdiva1

Two years ago my kids bus route was changed so that they had to meet the bus at the nearest Elementary School,to travel to their school(it's further away as they're on the Magnet Program)

This bus stop is over 1/2 mile away , not far you say, but try walking it with 3 little ones in the dark, yeah you heard me i'm having to walk at 6:20/6:30 a.m in the dark to reach this bus stop , passing a four lane busy street filled with speeding traffic even this early in the morning!

Well last year wasn't a problem but unfortunatley this year we're a one car family...I have to walk......well only this Fall one persons child was run over (in the dark) by a car another time , a pedestrian was attacked by vicious dogs!! ambulance ,police firiing shots at the animals before they were captured the whole caboodle.. :scared:

anyway my rant...I'm too scared to do this anymore....my husband couldn't go to his job(contract stuff at all hours) because i didn't want to be without the van!! I mean i live in S.W Houston people!!

Anyway today i called the Routing folks and was told without a doubt "that the Route WILL NOT be changed....That it's State Law that Elementary Children that live within 2miles of the nearest school will have to walk to that school/bus stop etc"

Well i explained, if my kids were simply walking to school that would be fine,it would be light and the crossing guard would have arrived
"No" she insisted rather curtly..it is the same..thousand of people phone with this complaint, it's a good stop and there's nothing anybody can or will do about it!!"

now i'm getting madder, i said if thousands are complaining cos innocent children are forced to walk in the dark(risking being run over, predators etc) then there's a definite problem and i want to talk to the person who CAN change the route

anyway was wasting my breath
she told me, it's been changed HISD don't have enough money to come into everybody's sub-divisions etc

Yeah and i know why, there was a news report on it about 2 years ago, while crooked administrators give themselves bonuses and pay-raises ,drive company vehicles and eat lunch for free etc kids aren't even given the one simple consideration of their own safety when they're going to school

I hope those people rot in hell

So which is it I wonder...a greedy local school district or State Law.........

I also live in Houston

Try calling Aitkens Army on the TV, and bring their attention to the dangers these kids are having to face. Not all kids have parents to walk them to school.

Good luck

PD

Old Jan 26th 2005, 10:46 am
Yes, Master...

Tami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Perfumdiva1
I also live in Houston

Try calling Aitkens Army on the TV, and bring their attention to the dangers these kids are having to face. Not all kids have parents to walk them to school.

Good luck

PD
I agree with Ms. Diva, Angel. Call the newspapers and television stations and/or your congressman and senator's office. You'll probably need to ask them for the address or an email address and put it in writing, but bringing something like this into the spotlight is the best way to get something done about it.
Good Luck and be sure you have a good can of mace with you when you're out walking in the early morning, it works on dogs and DOGS!
Old Jan 26th 2005, 10:51 am
Perfumdiva1

Originally Posted by Tami2
I agree with Ms. Diva, Angel. Call the newspapers and television stations and/or your congressman and senator's office. You'll probably need to ask them for the address or an email address and put it in writing, but bringing something like this into the spotlight is the best way to get something done about it.
Good Luck and be sure you have a good can of mace with you when you're out walking in the early morning, it works on dogs and DOGS!

Hi Tami2

Any how r u on this fine warm evening??

Gona BBQ some burgers for tea, yum yum

All well in West Houston

How about you

Old Jan 26th 2005, 10:51 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

I also live in Houston

Good luck

PD
Thanks!! good idea that's my next step!
hubby's already e-mailed the administrator of HISD
Old Jan 26th 2005, 10:57 am
I still love a brit :0)

KarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!! good idea that's my next step!
hubby's already e-mailed the administrator of HISD
Hi Celtic, I feel for you. I'd take the advise and call whoever I could to.
Don't even get me started on Tx. law. My 2 kids are there w/ their alcoholic (more could be said) father because I had a piss-poor lawyer that abused the fact that I was in Ga. and took us for all we had. I'm suing him along w/ my X right now. Can't seem to get anyone there to get their ego-inflated heads out of their asses long enough to help me. I'm still fighting, almost 3 yrs. later (they just went in Nov.)
If there is one state's laws I despise it there. Do all you can, that is ridiculous.

Last edited by IluvAbrit; Jan 26th 2005 at 11:03 am.
Old Jan 26th 2005, 11:08 am
Perfumdiva1

Originally Posted by IluvAbrit
Hi Celtic, I feel for you. I'd take the advise and call whoever I could to.
Don't even get me started on Tx. law. My 2 kids are there w/ their alcoholic (more could be said) father because I had a piss-poor lawyer that abused the fact that I was in Ga. and took us for all we had. I'm suing him along w/ my X right now. Can't seem to get anyone there to get their ego-inflated heads out of their asses long enough to help me. I'm still fighting, almost 3 yrs. later (they just went in Nov.)
If there is one state's laws I despise it there. Do all you can, that is ridiculous.

Oh My God

My heart breaks for you..

Is there such a thing as Legal Aid in the US??

Good luck with your kids

PD

Old Jan 26th 2005, 11:16 am
Yes, Master...

Tami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Tami2

Any how r u on this fine warm evening??

Gona BBQ some burgers for tea, yum yum

All well in West Houston

How about you
Pretty good Diva. Just have the little one in the tub for her bubble bath and then they all have to GO TO BED!!! This single Mom stuff is for the birds! And Hubby called earlier to tell me he had a lovely evening at his sister's house in Teheran and then he's off to Germany on Saturday...blah, blah, blah. I'm contemplating murder next time I see him!

So, how's tricks in Houston?
Old Jan 26th 2005, 11:19 am
I still love a brit :0)

KarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond repute

Oh My God

My heart breaks for you..

Is there such a thing as Legal Aid in the US??

Good luck with your kids

PD
Thanks, there is and it's probably gonna come to that. I went through one lawyer who ended up taking us for about 45,000.00 for a divorce and custody. then once he was paid all bu 8,000.00 I went with another one. I owe her about the same now. The first guy charged me 15,000.00 for a jury. and I am trying to get that back because we never had one and he did and said very unrespectable things in the court room getting it thrown out.
This new lawer I really like but she's not giving it her all. I suppose when it's not your children, it's put a little to the side. My oldest was in kindergarden and she went for almost 2 mos. making student of the month, in the local paper etc., Now she's ripped from that and in his house and he will not ever put her in a school, so he says. She spends her days cooped in a double wide w/ her little sister and father sleeping most of the day. I've called CPS to make sure they are ok and speak w/ them every night. The court papers state that she is to be in school w/in 10 days of the papers being signed, that was Nov. still no school.
Believe me I am doing all I can but I am 1,000 miles away.
Tough one!!!
Old Jan 26th 2005, 11:30 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, there is and it's probably gonna come to that. I went through one lawyer who ended up taking us for about 45,000.00 for a divorce and custody. then once he was paid all bu 8,000.00 I went with another one. I owe her about the same now. The first guy charged me 15,000.00 for a jury. and I am trying to get that back because we never had one and he did and said very unrespectable things in the court room getting it thrown out.
This new lawer I really like but she's not giving it her all. I suppose when it's not your children, it's put a little to the side. My oldest was in kindergarden and she went for almost 2 mos. making student of the month, in the local paper etc., Now she's ripped from that and in his house and he will not ever put her in a school, so he says. She spends her days cooped in a double wide w/ her little sister and father sleeping most of the day. I've called CPS to make sure they are ok and speak w/ them every night. The court papers state that she is to be in school w/in 10 days of the papers being signed, that was Nov. still no school.
Tough one!!!

Man, I wouldn't live in Texas if you paid me. I've seen enough episodes of King of the Hill to know that.
Old Jan 26th 2005, 11:34 am
Perfumdiva1

Originally Posted by Tami2
Pretty good Diva. Just have the little one in the tub for her bubble bath and then they all have to GO TO BED!!! This single Mom stuff is for the birds! And Hubby called earlier to tell me he had a lovely evening at his sister's house in Teheran and then he's off to Germany on Saturday...blah, blah, blah. I'm contemplating murder next time I see him!

So, how's tricks in Houston?

You are sooo funny

How old is your little girl and the rest??

Thank God my husband doesnt travel much. but tomorrow he is off to New Orleans..

Hate when Mr PD calls from the UK to say he is eating fish and chips, I mean how cruel is that LOL

Is your Husband from Iran?
I have a lovely friend from Iran, I met her when we lived in Louisianna

I have to agree with you, single Mumhood aint for me, luckily, (too much like hard work), my boys are 15 1/2 and 12 1/2, way easier than babies LOL

Life in Houston is the same, apart from the fact they are digging up the I10 like no tomorrow, I went home to the UK for 10 days, and when I got back, Fry Road had completely disappeared, very worrying..........LOL

Where are you from originally..me, I'm Scottish and love living here, so much better/warmer/cheaper/easier

Happy girl, usually

Elaine

Old Jan 26th 2005, 11:36 am
Perfumdiva1

Tough one!!!

Oh how horrible

Any way you could relocate to be near to your children??

Old Jan 26th 2005, 11:38 am
Back Again

I'm gonna hold on calling the news, my hubby said in the e-mail he inform. the administrator(huh crook bet he gets paid too much! ) that in our post code alone there are approx. over 50 sexual predators! :scared:
those are only the registered ones mind!!

he got this info from https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/soSearch/soSearch.cfm

my god and i thought this was a nice neighbourhood!!!...it IS a nice neighbourhood!! All these kids walking in the dark!!!! GRRRR!!!

Last edited by Celtic_Angel; Jan 26th 2005 at 11:43 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.