Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Texas is closed

Texas is closed

Old Dec 8th 2005, 4:39 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Texas is closed

Originally Posted by Chorlton
Thanks! Chorlton showed us how kids TV should be
Sorry, my comment was directed at Toontje (hence the quoting in my post). I don't know who (or what) Chorlton is but I'll assume he/she/it is that orange-looking thing in your avatar.

~ Jenney
Old Dec 8th 2005, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

It is mad - the drive to work this morning was superb as they have all stayed home - realised that you can't drive a 2 wheel drive SUV on ice at 90 without coming unstuck so they have given in!!!

Don't mess with us - we are at home, come back tomorrow
Old Dec 8th 2005, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
what a complete and utter bunch of mard arses.

"don't mess with Texas", what a crock of bollocks.
Dont Mess With Texas is actually an anti-littering campaign!! Don't drop that sweet rapper or we will shoot the **** out of you!!

Still a bunch of puffs when it goes below 70 degrees though!
Old Dec 8th 2005, 4:55 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big D
Dont Mess With Texas is actually an anti-littering campaign!! Don't drop that sweet rapper or we will shoot the **** out of you!!

Still a bunch of puffs when it goes below 70 degrees though!
I'm thinking of hiring a driver to take me to the liquor store.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 4:58 pm

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=Big D]Don't drop that sweet rapper
QUOTE]

I didn't know there was such a thing as a sweet rapper. I thought they were all gang members?
Old Dec 8th 2005, 5:01 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Sorry, my comment was directed at Toontje (hence the quoting in my post). I don't know who (or what) Chorlton is but I'll assume he/she/it is that orange-looking thing in your avatar.

~ Jenney

Well you should have been commenting on him and you don't sound very British for not knowing who he is!
Old Dec 8th 2005, 5:05 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bright spark
I am sure its not easy being Texan in winter, seeing that every time you go over a bridge it warns you of the killer ice beast, they must pap there pants every time they go over a bridge or get the 9mm out and just kill the bugger. :scared:
Right, if you're not already afraid to drive in it (I am) they'll scare the shit out of you until you are.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 5:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
I'm thinking of hiring a driver to take me to the liquor store.
Things that bad? :scared:

Hey, how come they didn't close down Texas when I lived there and it snowed? I had to go into work, which I might add was 30 odd miles away.... However, when I lived in the UK, one year, we had quite a bit of snow.....there were people acting like they'd never seen the stuff there before as well. People get stranded on motorways and have to stay there for a few days.....why is that?
Old Dec 8th 2005, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Things that bad? :scared:

Hey, how come they didn't close down Texas when I lived there and it snowed? I had to go into work, which I might add was 30 odd miles away.... However, when I lived in the UK, one year, we had quite a bit of snow.....there were people acting like they'd never seen the stuff there before as well. People get stranded on motorways and have to stay there for a few days.....why is that?

Its preperation/practice and risk verses cost - if it only happens one day a year every few years its not worth spending the cash on so you it gets messy!!!
Old Dec 8th 2005, 5:28 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Big D
Its preperation/practice and risk verses cost - if it only happens one day a year every few years its not worth spending the cash on so you it gets messy!!!
Exactly.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 7:12 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pigtails
I just got off the phone with someone in Dallas. He said they had 1/4 inch of icy snow, and so there's hardly anyone in the office today LOL!
I made it in...lost the car a few times mind you!

Thing is, it was 89 deg last Saturday and now today with the wind chill it feels like 7 deg, so it no bloody wonder I can't get rid of enough grollies on my chest in the morning to fill a lemon curd jam jar.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yosser
I made it in...lost the car a few times mind you!

Thing is, it was 89 deg last Saturday and now today with the wind chill it feels like 7 deg, so it no bloody wonder I can't get rid of enough grollies on my chest in the morning to fill a lemon curd jam jar.
My kids were in shorts on Saturday and then on Tuesday night I had to rush out and buy them winter coats. They've all got the day off today, so I don't have to do all the running around, I love snowdays

I'm glad they shut everything down, a lot of people here can't drive in normal conditions, it just turns into a game of "how many car wrecks can you count on your journey" when it rains or we have the frozen rain like we did last night. They had 2200 wrecks reported between 4 am on Wednesday and 6 am today.

The ice on the roads is pretty bad, they just don't have the set up to get them salted and gritted effectively so it really does turn into one big skating rink and then people think they can drive the same speed as usual and chaos ensues.

I keep salt in my garage for "just in case" but this is the first time in the almost three years I have been here that I've actually had to use it so hubby could get down the drive this morning with the car, but our neighbours are stuck until it defrosts as attempting their sloped and icy driveways will just see them crashing into the opposite garden
Old Dec 8th 2005, 7:32 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chorlton
Well you should have been commenting on him and you don't sound very British for not knowing who he is!
I don't sound very British because..... I'm not.

~ Jenney
Old Dec 8th 2005, 7:33 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
I don't sound very British because..... I'm not.

~ Jenney

Well I feel my life is enriched for knowing that.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 7:39 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toontje
Bunch of sissies here......
Today's High is 44 FFS!! what do you expect...it's f'ing freezing!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.