British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Tesco (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/tesco-388538/)

elaineKB Aug 3rd 2006 7:06 pm

Tesco

After popping out for a sandwich and getting a turkey one called "union jack"...i started thinking about our lovely food back home....i looked up tescos with the slim hope they might come to the us....I nearly fell of my chair when I saw they were...was ready to tell you all and then saw you had all discussed this way back in feb and quite a few times or so it seems?!?! :rolleyes: ...anyway thought i would bring it up again to annoy all the old timers but please all the newbies like me......yippppeee tescos...however us east coast lot may have to wait a while...maybe we could bribe some of the west coast crowd to start a shipping service :D

newbieloubie Aug 3rd 2006 8:19 pm

Re: Tesco

Originally Posted by elaineKB
After popping out for a sandwich and getting a turkey one called "union jack"...i started thinking about our lovely food back home....i looked up tescos with the slim hope they might come to the us....I nearly fell of my chair when I saw they were...was ready to tell you all and then saw you had all discussed this way back in feb and quite a few times or so it seems?!?! :rolleyes: ...anyway thought i would bring it up again to annoy all the old timers but please all the newbies like me......yippppeee tescos...however us east coast lot may have to wait a while...maybe we could bribe some of the west coast crowd to start a shipping service :D

Ahhhhh Tescos - I didn't fully appreciate it until I came here -
now its Stop & Shop (with no wine, and no alcohol at all on Sundays - catches me out every time!).

TruBrit Aug 3rd 2006 8:20 pm

tesco's here in the usa.....wow news to moi :)

elaineKB Aug 3rd 2006 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by newbieloubie
Ahhhhh Tescos - I didn't fully appreciate it until I came here -
now its Stop & Shop (with no wine, and no alcohol at all on Sundays - catches me out every time!).

my pal shops there (she is in redding also a brit) and she said its great and has an
'international' section with some english stuff....well jealous !

newbieloubie Aug 3rd 2006 8:24 pm

my pal shops there (she is in redding also a brit) and she said its great and has an

We do have a small UK section with things like Galaxy chocolate - pickled beetroot (which hubby, inexplicably, loves). I linger in front of the shelves sometimes, a bit misty eyed, when I'm feeling homesick!!

elaineKB Aug 3rd 2006 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by newbieloubie
We do have a small UK section with things like Galaxy chocolate - pickled beetroot (which hubby, inexplicably, loves). I linger in front of the shelves sometimes, a bit misty eyed, when I'm feeling homesick!!

Your better than I am, I would just stand there and scoff all the galaxy before i had time to get misty eyed :D

TruBrit Aug 3rd 2006 8:28 pm

lol wonder if they'll take my clubcard :p

hayley82 Aug 3rd 2006 8:29 pm

I think I remember you saying you were in NY? Have you been to Myers of Keswick yet? It's fantastic, full of all the great things we miss! They have 'proper' sausages/bacon/pies there too!

peterbainham Aug 3rd 2006 8:30 pm

All we have is bloody HEB here. If there was a Tesco's or Sainsbury's they would blow them out of the water. Christ, I could even live with an Asda.

elaineKB Aug 3rd 2006 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by TruBrit
lol wonder if they'll take my clubcard :p

hahahah good thinking now where is that card.... :confused:

elaineKB Aug 3rd 2006 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by hayley82
I think I remember you saying you were in NY? Have you been to Myers of Keswick yet? It's fantastic, full of all the great things we miss! They have 'proper' sausages/bacon/pies there too!

yeh im in there all the time as i work down the road...mmmmm sausage rolls ...think i may head there tommorrow...im generally in there for pickled onion monster munch yummmmm

Jerseygirl Aug 3rd 2006 8:34 pm

Did someone say something about Tesco's opening stores in the US? Well, fancy that. :D

TruBrit Aug 3rd 2006 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Did someone say something about Tesco's opening stores in the US? Well, fancy that. :D

didn't know did you jersey :eek:

hayley82 Aug 3rd 2006 8:37 pm

yeh im in there all the time as i work down the road...mmmmm sausage rolls ...think i may head there tommorrow...im generally in there for pickled onion monster munch yummmmm

I've been wanting to get there all week, even though I got back from the UK a few weeks ago!
Have you been to Tea and Sympathy? I love it in there! When the weather gets a bit cooler, I'll be back in there for a sausage and onion butty!

Jerseygirl Aug 3rd 2006 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by TruBrit
didn't know did you jersey :eek:

Nope...news to me. :rolleyes: