Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Terrorist Attacks in London

Terrorist Attacks in London

Old Jul 7th 2005, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

IrnBru has a brilliant futureIrnBru has a brilliant futureIrnBru has a brilliant futureIrnBru has a brilliant futureIrnBru has a brilliant futureIrnBru has a brilliant future
Default Re: Terrorist Attacks in London

Originally Posted by Hammo
Yahoo are saying 40 have been killed and 300 injured but this hasn't been confirmed by the UK authorities yet.

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/world/london_bombings
I have just come into the room half way through a police press conference; 7 fatalities in one, 21 in another, 4 in another, fatalities in other incidents yet unconfirmed . the policy service have had no claims of responsibility
Old Jul 7th 2005, 2:28 pm
Franklin

Originally Posted by Manc
you are?
we've been at war now for over 2 years in the middle east.

war is never a one sided affair.
Don't be a plank Matt. The war has been going on for a lot longer than two years, and before Iraq. The French stopped a bunch of Islamic terrorists conspiring to fly a hi-jacked plane into the Eiffel Tower - and that was before "Iraq", which incidentally the French did not agree with, yet they were a target for the Islamic terrorists. Any words that the terrorists use to excuse or justify their terrible acts today in London are just words, they want the EU broken, they want the USA brought down, they want Russia brought down, they even want China brought down. They want to impose their fascist dictates on the entire world, don't be taken in so easily by their lies and blame machine. They fully intend to have an Islamic flag flying from government buildings in all cities across the globe - they want a new world order, and we don't fit into that, so they want us dead dead or bowing to their God.

Old Jul 7th 2005, 2:33 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Franklin
Don't be a plank Matt. The war has been going on for a lot longer than two years, and before Iraq. The French stopped a bunch of Islamic terrorists conspiring to fly a hi-jacked plane into the Eiffel Tower - and that was before "Iraq", which incidentally the French did not agree with, yet they were a target for the Islamic terrorists. Any words that the terrorists use to excuse or justify their terrible acts today in London are just words, they want the EU broken, they want the USA brought down, they want Russia brought down, they even want China brought down. They want to impose their fascist dictates on the entire world, don't be taken in so easily by their lies and blame machine. They fully intend to have an Islamic flag flying from government buildings in all cities across the globe - they want a new world order, and we don't fit into that, so they want us dead dead or bowing to their God.
so are we at war with these people or not?

if we are not, then fine.
if yes, why we surprised they bombed us?
Old Jul 7th 2005, 2:33 pm
Banned

WarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=Yosser]Sadly though, in WW2 you knew who the enemy was judging by their uniform alone, in this kind of warfare you just have gutless bastards.
QUOTE]

Well said. If they believe it is all in the name of Allah, and that they are right in what they do, then why don't they do it publicly, assemble an army, declare war, etc. It reminds me of schooldays...the little bastard who would hit you when you weren't looking, as opposed to challenging you like a man.

Society is to blame for this though - the pro-PC brigade can blame themselves for this. That bloke with the hooked hand and glass eye - the one who is allowed to preach hatred every week in London and call Muslims to destroy the west. He is allowed to speak because of some concocted BS about humanitarian issues and civil rights. In the rational, logical world this piece of hate-fuelling war mongoring excrement would be executed. I blame stuff like that.

[RACIST RANT DELETED]

Last edited by Paul; Jul 7th 2005 at 3:02 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 2:39 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

It's difficult to know what to type - this is so horrible. My thoughts are with any here who have friends and loved ones in London, and of course with everyone in London.

We're all naturally angry about this - but don't let's be angry with each other on this forum today.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 2:46 pm
Ivegotta Member

Triumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond repute

I feel helpless stuck here in the US. I feel so sorry for all the poor people involved. I am so proud of Londoners resilience.
Rob
Old Jul 7th 2005, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

MizzMaddie is just really niceMizzMaddie is just really niceMizzMaddie is just really niceMizzMaddie is just really niceMizzMaddie is just really niceMizzMaddie is just really niceMizzMaddie is just really niceMizzMaddie is just really niceMizzMaddie is just really niceMizzMaddie is just really niceMizzMaddie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dimsie
It's difficult to know what to type - this is so horrible. My thoughts are with any here who have friends and loved ones in London, and of course with everyone in London.

We're all naturally angry about this - but don't let's be angry with each other on this forum today.

I'm new here so I don't have a say, but, please, lets cut out the squabbling for today. I'm saddened and my heart goes to all who are worrying and concerend.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

cupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nice

Originally Posted by MizzMaddie
I'm new here so I don't have a say, but, please, lets cut out the squabbling for today. I'm saddened and my heart goes to all who are worrying and concerend.
Here,here.
This is a time for thinking of the poor victims of this atrocity,not for self righteous opinionated rubbish.How insensitive.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 2:52 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Triumphrob
I feel helpless stuck here in the US. I feel so sorry for all the poor people involved. I am so proud of Londoners resilience.
Rob
I felt the same way on 9/11, actually. I hope everyone is ok, their friends and families.

~ Jenney
Old Jul 7th 2005, 2:53 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

You will like this then: (taken from wiki)

In the name of God, the merciful, the compassionate, may peace be upon the cheerful one and undaunted fighter, Prophet Muhammad, God's peace be upon him.
Nation of Islam and Arab nation: Rejoice for it is time to take revenge against the British Zionist crusader government in retaliation for the massacres Britain is committing in Iraq and Afghanistan. The heroic mujahideen have carried out a blessed raid in London. Britain is now burning with fear, terror and panic in its northern, southern, eastern, and western quarters.
We have repeatedly warned the British government and people. We have fulfilled our promise and carried out our blessed military raid in Britain after our mujahideen exerted strenuous efforts over a long period of time to ensure the success of the raid.
We continue to warn the governments of Denmark and Italy and all the crusader governments that they will be punished in the same way if they do not withdraw their troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. He who warns is excused.
God says: "You who believe: If ye will aid (the cause of) Allah, He will aid you, and plant your feet firmly."

Last edited by Paul; Jul 7th 2005 at 3:03 pm.
Banned

WarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant future

My thoughts and prayers for all those caught in this attack and for all citizens and residents of the UK and their families wherever they might be.

Last edited by WarriorLife; Jul 7th 2005 at 4:36 pm.
Franklin

Originally Posted by Manc
so are we at war with these people or not?

if we are not, then fine.
if yes, why we surprised they bombed us?
One former Met Commissioner and the current Met Commissioners have both stated that an attack was inevitable (I seemed to recall that one got slated for saying so), so it was not surprising that an attack was mounted, an attack was expected. MIx have stopped several attacks, but totally missed the conspiracy leading up to todays terrible London bombings. Sadly, many folks don't understand what is behind the radical Islamasists, they want a new world order, they want us dead or bowing to their version of God.

Old Jul 7th 2005, 2:59 pm
Banned

My thoughts and prayers for all those caught in this attack and for all citizens and residents of the UK and their families wherever they might be.

Last edited by WarriorLife; Jul 7th 2005 at 4:36 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 3:03 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WarriorLife
Insensitive? At the end of the day, this is a discussion forum for debate and expressing opinions. Making yourself feel better by posting a two line "I feel for those people" is insensitive. They won't be reading, so all it does is create a tedious thread for the rest of us. Some opinions, discussions and facts in light of the tragedy is what is needed.

Superficial "I am greatly concerned" messages do nothing. Worry about any friends or relatives you may have, call them, talk to them. Then shut up. It's obvious we are all shocked and appalled...we don't need to each contribute six words like people feel they must do.

We each re-act to events like this in different ways. What you call "superficial" messages come from the hearts of those who type them.
The debates and arguments come from the heads of those whe engage in them.

Nothing wrong with either, but there is still no need to fight amongst each other on a day like today.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

cupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nice

Originally Posted by WarriorLife
Insensitive? At the end of the day, this is a discussion forum for debate and expressing opinions. Making yourself feel better by posting a two line "I feel for those people" is insensitive. They won't be reading, so all it does is create a tedious thread for the rest of us. Some opinions, discussions and facts in light of the tragedy is what is needed.

Superficial "I am greatly concerned" messages do nothing. Worry about any friends or relatives you may have, call them, talk to them. Then shut up. It's obvious we are all shocked and appalled...we don't need to each contribute six words like people feel they must do.
Well for those of us who have been unfortunate enough to witness carnage in tragic circumstances first hand,compassion is an easier emotion to express than anger and outrage.
We're all upset by this in our own ways.You're angry,I'm saddened.We're all different.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.