Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Terrorist Attacks in London

Terrorist Attacks in London

Old Jul 7th 2005, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

IrnBru has a brilliant futureIrnBru has a brilliant futureIrnBru has a brilliant futureIrnBru has a brilliant futureIrnBru has a brilliant futureIrnBru has a brilliant future
Default Re: Terrorist Attacks in London

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
how are you getting the feed? I am told by the site international users have to pay?
I just went onto the main BBC site (link at top of page) then on the rhs of the screen I clicked to watch the live video. Came on automatically, no mention of payment.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 2:02 pm
Consistently Inconsistent

Hammo is a jewel in the roughHammo is a jewel in the roughHammo is a jewel in the roughHammo is a jewel in the roughHammo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Manc
you are?
we've been at war now for over 2 years in the middle east.

war is never a one sided affair.
FFS Manc I'm in shock that an attack has finally happened. We've known it was only a matter of time before it did. Yes there is a war going on in the middle east and no, it isn't a one sided affair.

I just hope that the bastards responsible are brought to justice.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
how are you getting the feed? I am told by the site international users have to pay?
I had to put a UK postcode into my real player so it thinks I'm there to get the live stuff from the beeb.

Click on the tools tab in your real player, then click on preferences, in the column on the left hand side click on Connection and then Internet/privacy.

Then select your country as the United Kingdom and put in a UK postcode, that's what worked for me.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 2:05 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hammo
Yes there is a war going on in the middle east
ok I agree with everything bar the above comment.

The war is going on wherever it occurs.

It's like declaring war on Germany in 1939, but adding an addendum to the declaration that the war will only take place near Berlin.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

TaffyinOK has a spectacular aura aboutTaffyinOK has a spectacular aura aboutTaffyinOK has a spectacular aura about

What a sad day. My thoughts and prayers are with all those who have family and friends caught in this act of terrorism today.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

For more up to date news: Wikipedia News

and for Photos
Old Jul 7th 2005, 2:09 pm

Hammo is a jewel in the roughHammo is a jewel in the roughHammo is a jewel in the roughHammo is a jewel in the roughHammo is a jewel in the rough

It's like declaring war on Germany in 1939, but adding an addendum to the declaration that the war will only take place near Berlin.
Err... but I was repeating what you said earlier in the thread.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

IrnBru has a brilliant futureIrnBru has a brilliant futureIrnBru has a brilliant futureIrnBru has a brilliant futureIrnBru has a brilliant futureIrnBru has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by snorkmaiden
I had to put a UK postcode into my real player so it thinks I'm there to get the live stuff from the beeb.

Click on the tools tab in your real player, then click on preferences, in the column on the left hand side click on Connection and then Internet/privacy.

Then select your country as the United Kingdom and put in a UK postcode, that's what worked for me.
Real Player refused to work for me so I chose Windows Media Player and it has been excellent. Both options were on the main BBC site
Old Jul 7th 2005, 2:13 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hammo
Err... but I was repeating what you said earlier in the thread.
roger roger, sorry got my wires crossed.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 2:15 pm
Banned

WarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant future

Manc, shut up.

Enough with the petty nit-picking. You know what the person is trying to say, so why even bother wasting the finger energfy typing out some useless response.

My heart goes out to London. As usual - innocent fathers, mothers, children and hard working people have become the victims of a political game that has been put together by a few world leaders and wealthy war mongorers.

It's a shame all these barbarians can't just kill each other and leave the rest of society - most of which are just normal people who want to go to work and then come home and watch Eastenders, with no desire to get involved in politics, wars and religion - to live in peace.

Makes me f'in furious.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 2:16 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sibsie
The bastards. I'm a Londoner and all my family are still there. Been trying to get hold of my sis for a while now to see what's going on.
Me too, Edgware road was my home station, was born in University College Hospital, next to Kings Cross, (they say they have 50 casualties of all nationalities), language schools nearby. I used to work in the city and used Aldgate East or Old Street stations. I don't have any relatives there now though.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 2:18 pm
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by WarriorLife
Manc, shut up.
erm..............no.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 2:19 pm

Yahoo are saying 40 have been killed and 300 injured but this hasn't been confirmed by the UK authorities yet.

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/world/london_bombings
Old Jul 7th 2005, 2:26 pm
Banned

WarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant future

erm..............no.
You're one of those irritating assholes that never has anything decent to say. If you weren't hiding behind a PC, I'd smack you right in the mouth. Check your attitude, especially in a thread about lost lives - not the place to be acting snotty and demeaning to somebody. Glad I put your ass in line.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 2:27 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly though, in WW2 you knew who the enemy was judging by their uniform alone, in this kind of warfare you just have gutless bastards.

Still us Brits have lived through the IRA and their attacks, now it’s the turn of someone else.

Thoughts and prayers to all familys involved today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.