Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Terrorist Attacks in London

Terrorist Attacks in London

Old Jul 7th 2005, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Terrorist Attacks in London

http://news.bbc.co.uk/
Old Jul 7th 2005, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Terrorist Attacks in London

Originally Posted by Lothianlad
Dreadful News. I have been watching CNN since 6.00am.

My brother works in central london and has called from a land line to say he is fine. All mobile phone lines have been stopped because of security reasons. He has been told by Management not to leave the building until the police have issued an all clear.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 11:41 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Bloody awful stuff! Hubby told me about it before he left for work this morning.

Thankfully I've just had contact from one of my brothers and I'm so glad my youngest bro doesn't drive the double deckers up there any more.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

cupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nice

Timed to correspond with the G8 summit,and after the euphoria of the successful Olympic bid and Live 8 the country is bought crashing back to earth.
I hope one day they bring the barbaric murderers responsible for this outrage to justice.
My thoughts are with the families of the dead and injured and the unfortunate innocent victims caught up in all this.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Seems the terrorists who claimed responsibilty are linked to al-qaeda.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 12:20 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

I heard it first thing and felt like I had been punched in the stomach. I'm so angry. Its awful. My thoughts and prayers with all the victims and families.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 12:31 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

My thoughts and prayers for all those caught in this attack and for all citizens and residents of the UK and their families wherever they might be.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

gooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant future

This really is dreadful news, i am glad none of my family work in london and my thoughts go out to those that have family and friends that do. At least there was only a very small amount of fatalities.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Trying to contact my Uncle working in London as a metro police officer, and our best man also working in London.

My mother has been trying to ring us from the UK but apparently couldn't get a line earlier this morning.

My heart goes out to everyone with loved ones involved in this.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 1:19 pm
Consistently Inconsistent

Hammo is a jewel in the roughHammo is a jewel in the roughHammo is a jewel in the roughHammo is a jewel in the roughHammo is a jewel in the rough

Just heard the news on the radio and I am totally stunned by this savage attack on our country. I know a lot of people around the London area and I hope and pray that they are safe and well along with the friends and loved ones of all the members of the British Expats website.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 1:37 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

The bastards. I'm a Londoner and all my family are still there. Been trying to get hold of my sis for a while now to see what's going on.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

IrnBru has a brilliant futureIrnBru has a brilliant futureIrnBru has a brilliant futureIrnBru has a brilliant futureIrnBru has a brilliant futureIrnBru has a brilliant future

Im watching the BBC news live, available from the site. Such a shame, must be terrifying for those people.

I also go on a chatroom back home; some people are saying they are walking home, some are not allowed to leave and will be sleeping in their offices. Some have said the Black Cabs are charging by the person (robbing b's)
Old Jul 7th 2005, 1:47 pm
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
Seems the terrorists who claimed responsibilty are linked to al-qaeda.
Actually, they were a previously unknown group who happen to have al-Qaeda in their name, so it is not clear if and how they are linked to Bin Laden's lot. It's kind of like the multiplicity of IRA's out there (Real, Provisional, Continuity etc.).
Old Jul 7th 2005, 1:52 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hammo
I am totally stunned by this savage attack on our country.
you are?
we've been at war now for over 2 years in the middle east.

war is never a one sided affair.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 1:52 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IrnBru
Im watching the BBC news live, available from the site. Such a shame, must be terrifying for those people.

I also go on a chatroom back home; some people are saying they are walking home, some are not allowed to leave and will be sleeping in their offices. Some have said the Black Cabs are charging by the person (robbing b's)

how are you getting the feed? I am told by the site international users have to pay?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.