Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Terrorist Attacks in London

Terrorist Attacks in London

Old Jul 7th 2005, 3:03 pm
Franklin

Default Re: Terrorist Attacks in London

Originally Posted by WarriorLife
"The heroic mujahideen have carried out a blessed raid in London. Britain is now burning with fear, terror and panic in its northern, southern, eastern, and western quarters."

Talk about a contradiction!! "Blessed"??? "Heroic"??? What a pathetic race of people - they are truly demented.
*LOL* ... got to laugh at their pathetic stupid words. Events like this always pull Brits together.

Old Jul 7th 2005, 3:09 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Insensitive? At the end of the day, this is a discussion forum for debate and expressing opinions. Making yourself feel better by posting a two line "I feel for those people" is insensitive. They won't be reading, so all it does is create a tedious thread for the rest of us. Some opinions, discussions and facts in light of the tragedy is what is needed.

Superficial "I am greatly concerned" messages do nothing. Worry about any friends or relatives you may have, call them, talk to them. Then shut up. It's obvious we are all shocked and appalled...we don't need to each contribute six words like people feel they must do.
When did you become the arbiter of what should appear here, you are in a minority of one. Perhaps it should be you who "shut up".
Old Jul 7th 2005, 3:09 pm
Banned

WarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant future

My thoughts and prayers for all those caught in this attack and for all citizens and residents of the UK and their families wherever they might be.

Last edited by WarriorLife; Jul 7th 2005 at 4:35 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 3:11 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by Franklin
*LOL* ... got to laugh at their pathetic stupid words. Events like this always pull Brits together.
As I posted elsewhere, this is a miscalculation by the perpertrators. They badly misjudged the British mentality. Britain and the British are always at their best when we have our backs to the wall and all this will do is increase British resolve. We have lived through years of terrorism and our cities mass bombed and we didnt flinch then. We wont flinch now.

Old Jul 7th 2005, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Suess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Triumphrob
I feel helpless stuck here in the US. I feel so sorry for all the poor people involved. I am so proud of Londoners resilience.
Rob
Hi,

I feel the same as you. I feel sick. Those poor people.

My brother travels to work every morning on the underground. I haven't heard anything from him yet. I'm hoping he is OK.

I worked in London for 5 years coming in from Essex. Some of those stations were my daily route. I just saw an account from somebody saying they had to walk through the tunnel for 15 minutes to get out. Can you image.................

My heart goes out to everyone involved and my sympathies go out to the families who have lost loved ones.

So, so sad.

Sue
Old Jul 7th 2005, 3:16 pm
Banned

WarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant future

My thoughts and prayers for all those caught in this attack and for all citizens and residents of the UK and their families wherever they might be.

Last edited by WarriorLife; Jul 7th 2005 at 4:36 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 3:19 pm
Franklin

Originally Posted by Dimsie
We each re-act to events like this in different ways. What you call "superficial" messages come from the hearts of those who type them.
The debates and arguments come from the heads of those whe engage in them.

Nothing wrong with either, but there is still no need to fight amongst each other on a day like today.
Agreed, and we should not forget that the vast majority of those that follow the beliefs of Islam are also appalled at the bombings today in London. It is only the radical twits who seek a new world order, but those that give them succour and protection had better stop and stop now. There is no place for radical Islam in any country, it is evil and it wants to ram its version of Islam down our throats and also down the throats of Muslims who don't share their version of Islam. They want a new world order. We need to adopt a far more aggressive stance against them and we should be prepared to engage them wherever they might be. That means deploying troops to hunt them down.

What must now be abundantly clear is that the whole EU is a target (what a surprise, NOT). The EU has always been a target, same goes for Russia and every other country that stands between the members of radical Islam and their version of a new world order. They want the world under their version of Islam, the whole world.

Old Jul 7th 2005, 3:20 pm
Ivegotta Member

Triumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond repute

On a different note, I hope the US watches how England deals with this tragedy and learns a thing or two about dignity. England will quietly pick itself up and stand strong. We won't have 9/11ish celebrity concerts, TV tributes, videos, DVD documentaries and outpourings of dramatic grief. There will be no OTT tears and public emotion. There will be no concerts and events, and drumming down everyone's throat that this is the "greatest tragedy in the modern age".

No. There will be a few moments of reflection, then back on our feet to face it with pride and quiet integrity. And just as he did during the World Wars and countless other terrorist attacks - we will stand tall and proud. Dignity without the drama. That's England.
I think you mane a good point there!! Makes me pround to be British!!
Old Jul 7th 2005, 3:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ImHere
As I posted elsewhere, this is a miscalculation by the perpertrators. They badly misjudged the British mentality. Britain and the British are always at their best when we have our backs to the wall and all this will do is increase British resolve. We have lived through years of terrorism and our cities mass bombed and we didnt flinch then. We wont flinch now.
Here here. What doesn't break us will only make us stronger.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

The war has been going on for a lot longer than two years, and before Iraq. The French stopped a bunch of Islamic terrorists conspiring to fly a hi-jacked plane into the Eiffel Tower - and that was before "Iraq", which incidentally the French did not agree with, yet they were a target for the Islamic terrorists. Any words that the terrorists use to excuse or justify their terrible acts today in London are just words, they want the EU broken, they want the USA brought down, they want Russia brought down, they even want China brought down. They want to impose their fascist dictates on the entire world, don't be taken in so easily by their lies and blame machine. They fully intend to have an Islamic flag flying from government buildings in all cities across the globe - they want a new world order, and we don't fit into that, so they want us dead dead or bowing to their God.
Agreed.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed, and we should not forget that the vast majority of those that follow the beliefs of Islam are also appalled at the bombings today in London. It is only the radical twits who seek a new world order, but those that give them succour and protection had better stop and stop now. There is no place for radical Islam in any country, it is evil and it wants to ram its version of Islam down our throats and also down the throats of Muslims who don't share their version of Islam. They want a new world order. We need to adopt a far more aggressive stance against them and we should be prepared to engage them wherever they might be. That means deploying troops to hunt them down.

What must now be abundantly clear is that the whole EU is a target (what a surprise, NOT). The EU has always been a target, same goes for Russia and every other country that stands between the members of radical Islam and their version of a new world order. They want the world under their version of Islam, the whole world.
Once again, agreed.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 3:26 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ImHere

That's a very positive thought, I'mHere - with you 100%. I feel very proud of the calm reactions we're hearing about. This is nothing new in the UK, especially in London. Bless 'em - they are wonderful!
Old Jul 7th 2005, 3:29 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

What truly saddens me is that people like this tar all of Islam with the same brush. The vast majority of Muslims, like you and I, want nothing more than to bring up their families in peace.

It also saddens me that some members will still choose to nitpick and gripe at each other, even on a thread like this.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 3:30 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

I was proud of the fact the press reported how calm people were in evacuating the trains and stations and reacting to this terrible attack. On CNN they showed a (soundless) video and one reporter commented on how orderly it seemed. The other reporter said "Yes, but I'm sure if the sound was on, you'd be saying a very different thing". I wanted to bop her on the nose, even if she was a woman.

I too agree that this was a cowardly act. However, it is not difficult to see how the perpetrators (and many others in the Arab world) see the bombing of innocent civilians in Iraq and Afganistan by people in planes and tanks far-removed is also a cowardly act.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 3:32 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by Dimsie
That's a very positive thought, I'mHere - with you 100%. I feel very proud of the calm reactions we're hearing about. This is nothing new in the UK, especially in London. Bless 'em - they are wonderful!
I was always proud of my colleagues during emergencies big or small...No one ever panicked, no one ran round shouting like an idiot and everyone was calmly professional, getting the job done, often under terrible conditions. Often members of the public would calmly help us out anyway they could, even if it was just bringing us much needed refreshments. That is very much the British way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.