Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Tennessee recommendations

Tennessee recommendations

Old Oct 26th 2021, 12:35 am
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennessee recommendations

Originally Posted by ddsrph
A little off topic but I saw an interesting article about Crossville TN last week. During WW2 Tennessee had six German POW camps with the biggest in Crossville. A German officer captured in North Africa in 1943 spent two years there and later wrote a book about it. The prisoners had it better than most Europeans during the war. Paid to work on local farms and use the money to buy beer and other necessities, and order whatever from Sears catalog. Given three meals a day which they highly rated and teach classes and organize sports teams. This officer returned to Germany after the war and in 1953 emigrated to Tennessee and at the time of the article was a 92 year old resident of Crossville.

After the war there were thousands of German ex POW's that managed to immigrate to America.
Old Oct 26th 2021, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
After the war there were thousands of German ex POW's that managed to immigrate to America.
Even before that German immigration exceeded all others.

Old Oct 27th 2021, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

vespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ddsrph
Even before that German immigration exceeded all others.
I don't know why German is listed as a nation, not British, and I'm not sure what American means. Presumably American could be added to English/Scottish/(part)Irish, which would make British the biggest, ahead of German.
Old Oct 27th 2021, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vespucci
I don't know why German is listed as a nation, not British, and I'm not sure what American means. Presumably American could be added to English/Scottish/(part)Irish, which would make British the biggest, ahead of German.
American could mean native Americans which could also include native Alaskan’s.
Old Oct 30th 2021, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

DebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond repute

I moved to Clarksville TN from Fort Myers FL last year. I had several reasons for choosing this area, but most important -my youngest son lives just over the state line in KY. There is no TN State income tax. Clarksville is very close to Nashville with direct flights to LHR, Great healthcare @ Vanderbilt, and a low cost of living. One of the other reasons I chose Clarksville is because of access to Fort Campbell where I can use my military benefits. This was a great move for me, and I have no regrets.