Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

telling HMRC your leaving

Wikiposts

telling HMRC your leaving

Old Jun 22nd 2012, 1:08 am
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light
Default telling HMRC your leaving

hi guys i know ive seen it somewhere but cant find it

im moving on the 30th to dc and i think i have to tell hmrc im going.
but cant find the form

ive cancelled my self employed status with the hmrc and just want this fom to fill in.

can someone please help or advise please.

thanks
dean h
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: telling HMRC your leaving

Originally Posted by redarmy990
hi guys i know ive seen it somewhere but cant find it

im moving on the 30th to dc and i think i have to tell hmrc im going.
but cant find the form

ive cancelled my self employed status with the hmrc and just want this fom to fill in.

can someone please help or advise please.

thanks
dean h
You should file a P-85 with the HMRC. You may well get some overpaid tax back. There's also a thread about keeping up NI payments which may be worth you considering.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

UPDATE
found out its form p85.
but as i was self employed it says i cant use that,

now im puzzled, i was on the cis scheme construction industry scheme,

20%of my wage goes to tax man i havent worked since march and tax all upto date.
im on job seekers at minute till i leave. surely theres a form for me but cant find

HELP PLEASE.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rpjs
You should file a P-85 with the HMRC. You may well get some overpaid tax back. There's also a thread about keeping up NI payments which may be worth you considering.
thanks
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redarmy990
UPDATE
found out its form p85.
but as i was self employed it says i cant use that,
Where? All I see is

Do not fill this form in if:
• you normally live in the UK and are going abroad for
short periods, for example on holiday or a business trip
• you have completed, or are required to complete a
Self Assessment tax return for the tax year that you
leave the UK (unless you are leaving the UK to work
full-time abroad for at least a complete tax year for a
UK based employer).
If its because you do Self Assessment then you'll have to wait until the end of the tax year I guess. I've never done SA myself but presumably there's provision there for you to declare your change of domicile.