Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

tell me the positives!

tell me the positives!

Old Sep 26th 2013, 10:31 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tell me the positives!

Be vewy vewy Quwiet
Old Sep 29th 2013, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

jenninedinburgh has a reputation beyond reputejenninedinburgh has a reputation beyond reputejenninedinburgh has a reputation beyond reputejenninedinburgh has a reputation beyond reputejenninedinburgh has a reputation beyond reputejenninedinburgh has a reputation beyond reputejenninedinburgh has a reputation beyond reputejenninedinburgh has a reputation beyond reputejenninedinburgh has a reputation beyond reputejenninedinburgh has a reputation beyond reputejenninedinburgh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SEL_boy
Oh, I agree with this 110%.

We have not had cable TV (or even over-the-air TV, but that's because I just haven't bothered to sort that out) for over two years now. We have Apple TV and subscriptions to Netflix streaming and HULU plus, for a total of about $15 a month. That gives us pretty much everything we need.
If you are a big sports fan this wouldn't work for you, and you can't watch the Oscars/Emmys/Grammys if that kind of thing appeals to you, but otherwise... I think we ended up paying $90/month when we last had cable.

And I found myself idly watching the Kardashians, so I knew that *had* to stop.
We live in the UK and this is what we do. The only thing we watch on regular TV is CNN International.....everything else is through Netflix or Apple TV (my husband has rigged it up to think we are in the USA which is great as we get shows/films that may not be available over here for download).
Old Sep 29th 2013, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Redwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
and I'm just over the mountains from you.
You sure are, but I have to go somewhere else to get started to head your way. Either that, or take one of three two lane roads, and all can get shut down in the winter, two by snow and ice, and the other by rock falls.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

The politeness
Money is not everything attitude
Come here let me show you how to do this mindset

Just to name a few.

Originally Posted by dfrbrowne
Its looking more and more likely that my family and I will be moving to Tampa in Florida.

We are over for a week next week paid for by her company to help us decide and have a look around.

What do you Brits miss about England now that you are living in the US?

I just hear that the driving is bad,
The TV has ads every couple of minutes,
The hurricanes
the mosquitos

Can someone tell me all the positives, give me something to look forward to!

My children are young, with there whole life ahead of them, this could be a permanent move I want to base my decision on taking them to a better life.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 4:38 am
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by veryfunny
The politeness
Come here let me show you how to do this mindset

Just to name a few.
Hmm you really should come to California! Those first two points dont apply here
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 4:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goldenstate31
Hmm you really should come to California! Those first two points dont apply here
You read my mind

(Don't think the third does either).
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 4:42 am
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
You read my mind

(Don't think the third does either).
Im learning fast
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 4:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

I use to live in California.

Old Oct 2nd 2013, 12:07 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

The politeness
Come here let me show you how to do this mindset .....
FIFY
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pulanski, most of the time I would agree with you but let me ask you this, how many real American friends do you have? compared to real friends in England?
FIFY
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 3:29 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Pulanski, most of the time I would agree with you but let me ask you this, how many real American friends do you have? ....
As many as I can buy, dear Veryfanny, as many as I can buy!
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 3:31 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Best username ever.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Old Oct 2nd 2013, 3:39 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Add the third one too if you're in Boston
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 3:40 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Add the third one too if you're in Boston
That last one didn't make sense to me either because around here (in work anyway) I'm the one having to show everyone how to do stuff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.