British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Team America: World Police (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/team-america-world-police-260439/)

Jabba1 Oct 16th 2004 2:46 am

Team America: World Police

Just came from seeing this political satire from Matt Stone and Trey Parker- the creators of South Park. As you might expect, it's ruffling feathers from Washington to Hollywood with it's raunchy take on the Bush administration's war on terror, and Hollywood's screen actors guild. A puppetized version of Michael Moore even puts in an appearance. Moore's puppet doppleganger blows up the "Team America" headquarters- Palestinean style- by strapping explosives to himself and walking inside the "secret" Mt. Rushmore HQ.

Puppetized actors, including the likes of Alec Baldwin, Susan Surandon, Matt Damon, George Clooney, Samuel L. Jackson, Helen Hunt, Janeane Garofalo, Martin Sheen, Tim Robbins, Sean Penn and quite a few others join the fray as well.

The result of all this is an extremely raunchy and rather violent satire of current events that is at times hillarious, and at times disturbing.

On the upswing, there are some rather amusing original songs on offer. Most of which will likely not be nominated for Oscars due to their extremely raunchy lyrics. One song in particular had me nearly floored with laughter. This particular song hearalds the fact that the film "Pearl Harbor" stank, Ben Affleck is a terrible actor, and (director) Micheal Bay should never again be allowed to make films.

I'll stop there, you can already see where this is going. I'll give this film a marginal thumbs up for it's hillarity, even though it's quite nausiating at times.

tony_2003 Oct 16th 2004 3:17 am

Re: Team America: World Police

So it's like Spitting Image then?

Jabba1 Oct 16th 2004 3:31 am

Originally Posted by tony_2003
So it's like Spitting Image then?

Let's put it this way: When the characters start discussing what the three naughtiest parts of the human body are capable of doing to each other.....well......let's just say the entire audience was reduced to belly laughing fools. It's that funny at times! The nearly NC-17 rated puppet sex scene in which two marionettes manage to get into positions that no two humans would ever dare try- will likely be the stuff of legend for decades to come.

One more thing I neglected to mention. The Hollwood Screen Actors guild has been re-dubbed the Hollwood "Film Actors Guild"- or F.A.G.

There's another amusing little musical number called "Everybody Has Aids" that will undoubtedly cause uproarous laughs as well.

Celtic_Angel Oct 16th 2004 4:18 am

[QUOTE=Jabba1]Let's put it this way: When the characters start discussing what the three naughtiest parts of the human body are capable of doing to each other.....well......let's just say the entire audience was reduced to belly laughing fools. It's that funny at times! The nearly NC-17 rated puppet sex scene in which two marionettes manage to get into positions that no two humans would ever dare try- will likely be the stuff of legend for decades to come.

One more thing I neglected to mention. The Hollwood Screen Actors guild has been re-dubbed the Hollwood "Film Actors Guild"- or F.A.G.

There's another amusing little musical number called "Everybody Has Aids" that will undoubtedly cause uproarous laughs as well.[/QUOTE

aww is this the movie i've sen advertized? looks dumb like thunderbirds gone X-rated if you could mamage this with marrionettes!!! ..is it really worth a watch? ...don't lie to me i'm skint :)

Jabba1 Oct 16th 2004 4:50 am

[QUOTE=Celtic_Angel]

Originally Posted by Jabba1
Let's put it this way: When the characters start discussing what the three naughtiest parts of the human body are capable of doing to each other.....well......let's just say the entire audience was reduced to belly laughing fools. It's that funny at times! The nearly NC-17 rated puppet sex scene in which two marionettes manage to get into positions that no two humans would ever dare try- will likely be the stuff of legend for decades to come.

There's another amusing little musical number called "Everybody Has Aids" that will undoubtedly cause uproarous laughs as well.[/QUOTE

aww is this the movie i've sen advertized? looks dumb like thunderbirds gone X-rated if you could mamage this with marrionettes!!! ..is it really worth a watch? ...don't lie to me i'm skint :)

It's worth the price of admission just to watch Kim Jong Il feed Hans Blix to the sharks. Yep, that happens in this film as well.