Tea?

Old Apr 24th 2007, 10:20 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tea?

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Oh, I give y'all 2 years before you too will be partaking of the summer beverage

snowbunny, I recall going back to S.A. on vacation a few months after moving here and asking for ice. He brings me ONE ICE CUBE in a cup.....I'd gotten used to the ice very very fast in the heat we have.
well that's one more ice cube than we'd get back home in blighty
Old Apr 24th 2007, 10:25 pm
You're all mugs!

dukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Texas Mom
My grandpa used to say that the best thing to cool you down on a hot day is a nice cup of hot tea!!!
Yeh that one is an old classic. I have to say that I'm not convinced about it myself. It makes you sweat a lot that's for sure, so in theory increased sweat rate = increased heat loss. However, this would really only be true if there was increased convection and evaporation. So perhaps the best way to cool down would be to drink a hot cup of tea (straight outta the kettle) and stand in front of an fan/AC unit. Drinking a boiling hot cup of tea outside in San Antonio (>90% humidity) probably has its limitations for these reasons.

Oh, the science of tea!
Old Apr 24th 2007, 10:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Oh, I give y'all 2 years before you too will be partaking of the summer beverage

snowbunny, I recall going back to S.A. on vacation a few months after moving here and asking for ice. He brings me ONE ICE CUBE in a cup.....I'd gotten used to the ice very very fast in the heat we have.
I've been here 11 yrs and have not/will not succumb to tea served anything but hot and strong.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 10:31 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I've been here 11 yrs and have not/will not succumb to tea served anything but hot and strong.
now we could be talking about something else here
Old Apr 25th 2007, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dukeynorton
Ahh brilliant post, only English people could have a conversation like this - I love it

I had the same question myself (obviously) but would you adam and eve it i forgot to put some in my suitcase, so was forced to drink the super rank coffee they serve in these parts for a couple of days.

But, good news is, went to Walmart and picked up some Twinnings english breakfast, bit pricey but who cares, its tea. Then, a week later went to HEB and they only sell daddy boxes of PG Tips pyramid - I couldnt believe my luck!

Its the little things.
I buy Tetley British Blend tea bags in walmart all the time,I'm the Brit,but I rarely drink tea(but I like this when I do,not quite as strong as PG Tips)...my husband(USC) rarely drinks anything other than the tea....but won't touch any American tea!.....Sophia
Old Apr 25th 2007, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Big Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Goodacre
Absolutely right. At my first works lunch when I arrived here, I spotted a large jug of what I thought was apple juice. It was a hot North Carolina day and I thought, "Excellent, just what the doctor ordered". It turned out to be "iced tea". Yack! So many people drink it here that "tea" means "iced tea", and if you want tea you have to ask for "hot tea". But then they don't know how to make tea, so it's best just to have a coffee, and enjoy tea in the comfort of home.
Heh, I had exactly the same experience.

I just about managed to stop myself from spitting it across the room in front of all my new colleagues!
Old Apr 25th 2007, 3:48 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dukeynorton
That will never happen LOL

Even if I did, by some miracle, grow to like it (i.e. someone gave me a taste of theirs and I decided "hmmm this is quite a tasty beverage"), I still wouldnt drink it out of principle. Tea is just supposed to be hot, nuff said.

Like I said, if I'm hot, I'll drink a proper cold drink, one that was DESIGNED to be drunk cold.
We'll see!!!
Old Apr 25th 2007, 3:50 pm
You're all mugs!

dukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond repute

Yes we will!

I'll bet you a box of PG Tips, how about that?
Old Apr 25th 2007, 3:57 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Dukey, I never drank tea when I lived in England. Only person in my family - I only drank squash. My mum never made me drink tea. Strange thing, I drink iced tea with lemon almost every day here. Try it, you'll like it. I'll get back with you in August!
Old Apr 25th 2007, 4:03 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Mallory
Dukey, I never drank tea when I lived in England. Only person in my family - I only drank squash. My mum never made me drink tea. Strange thing, I drink iced tea with lemon almost every day here. Try it, you'll like it. I'll get back with you in August!

shhhh don't tell anyone BUT even i like iced tea, no sugar but has to be loaded with ice
Old Apr 25th 2007, 4:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
shhhh don't tell anyone BUT even i like iced tea, no sugar but has to be loaded with ice
I heard that.....................................and I've only one thing to say...TRAITOR.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 4:22 pm
In the pink

Smile Re: Tea?

OMG!
Old Apr 25th 2007, 4:25 pm
You're all mugs!

Its OK, they dont know what the're saying. They must have been forced to say it. Some sort of torture maybe. Its not possible.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

farmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I heard that.....................................and I've only one thing to say...TRAITOR.

No, no.... it's OK....farmerswife to the rescue. Cold tea is really an old BRITISH tradition! Farmers and miners used to take it to work.

(Well OK, farmers would take it when there was no cider around)
Old Apr 25th 2007, 11:21 pm
You're all mugs!

Originally Posted by farmerwife
No, no.... it's OK....farmerswife to the rescue. Cold tea is really an old BRITISH tradition! Farmers and miners used to take it to work.

Are you sure that they didnt just take HOT tea to work and then forgot to drink it and so finished it off later, when it was COLD?

Makes more sense to me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.