Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

TDF 90-22.1 - Do you get any acknowledgement?

TDF 90-22.1 - Do you get any acknowledgement?

Old Oct 10th 2011, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

Dougster75 is on a distinguished road
Default TDF 90-22.1 - Do you get any acknowledgement?

Hi,

We filed a late TDF 90-22.1 this year as it completely slipped my mind that we had had over $10k in our UK account for a couple of weeks of 2010. We sent a letter of explanation and apology with the form. Our research suggests that non-willful failure to file the form on a timely basis can be excused but there is no guarantee. We have heard nothing since sending the form back in August.

Do these forms just seem to go into a black hole or do you get any kind of acknowledgement? If you get an acknowledgement, does anyone know how long it normally takes?

Thanks,

Doug.
Old Oct 10th 2011, 5:25 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TDF 90-22.1 - Do you get any acknowledgement?

If that is the FBAR form, I have never had the receipt of one acknowledged.
Old Oct 10th 2011, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

Dougster75 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by lansbury
If that is the FBAR form, I have never had the receipt of one acknowledged.
Yes - that's the one. Thanks. I guess we just wait and hope an enormous fine doesn't land in our mailbox....
Old Oct 10th 2011, 7:46 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

I've never received an FBAR acknowledgement but I think you can write and ask for a receipt. The address is buried away somewhere in the instructions.