Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Taylor Woodrow

Taylor Woodrow

Old Feb 27th 2006, 5:04 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taylor Woodrow

Originally Posted by Partystar
I always read everything, especially when signing is involved.
I look forward to your closing. Take a bed, changes of underwear, and food and water for at least 3 days...
Old Feb 27th 2006, 5:05 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fatbrit
I look forward to your closing. Take a bed, changes of underwear, and food and water for at least 3 days...
Old Feb 27th 2006, 5:08 pm
Essex boy in Texas

Thackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really nice

The whole realotors thing out here is confusing at first, but the way i see it is if you havent signed anything, you are under no obligation to go with anyone.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 5:12 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Thackattack
The whole realotors thing out here is confusing at first, but the way i see it is if you havent signed anything, you are under no obligation to go with anyone.

exactly and remember it's the seller that pays the fees so first time buyers don't pay..
Old Feb 27th 2006, 5:44 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

First job on the house hunting tour is to start the loan process and find out how much you can afford. Second is to get your representative to earn their commission by giving you a list of the houses that you can afford in your area that meet your spec. Only after these two are done can you actually go and look.
We did this a few months ago, but didn't get enough to buy a decent house, in a decent area, so we worked on our debt & decided to try again. Heard about these houses & stopped by, loved them & this is where we are now!
Old Feb 27th 2006, 5:50 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Isn't that the truth!!!!!

3 hours of signing enough paperwork to cover 100 square miles of virgin Amazonian forest, and we basically skimmed through it all!

Partystar, you have to see it to believe it!!!
Old Feb 27th 2006, 5:53 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
We did this a few months ago, but didn't get enough to buy a decent house, in a decent area, so we worked on our debt & decided to try again. Heard about these houses & stopped by, loved them & this is where we are now!
Use your Realtor to set up viewings -- it'll be safer!

P.S. Hope you're using a cash back one!
Old Feb 27th 2006, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by izibear

3 hours of signing enough paperwork to cover 100 square miles of virgin Amazonian forest, and we basically skimmed through it all!

tell me about it, we arrived in the country on Sunday evening and we were in the Escrow office the next morning at 8am, never seen so much paperwork.. we signed it all, then realised she'd spelt my first name without a 'h' so we had to do it all again..
Old Feb 27th 2006, 5:56 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by woodsey
tell me about it, we arrived in the country on Sunday evening and we were in the Escrow office the next morning at 8am, never seen so much paperwork.. we signed it all, then realised she'd spelt my first name without a 'h' so we had to do it all again..
ARGHHH.... :scared:

I wasn't expecting it to take so long, and took the kids with us. BIIIIIG mistake.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 6:43 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

i read right thru the lot - pointed out to the title co that there were about 20 pages missing from the middle of the hoa paperwork......she checked and they were missing from her master copy too....and she'd been using that since the development started 5 years ago!!! and the missing pages included all the homeowners obligations - you know, the bit about no washing lines and needing written permission to open your curtains (sorry, drapes)...
Old Feb 27th 2006, 6:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
i read right thru the lot - pointed out to the title co that there were about 20 pages missing from the middle of the hoa paperwork......she checked and they were missing from her master copy too....and she'd been using that since the development started 5 years ago!!! and the missing pages included all the homeowners obligations - you know, the bit about no washing lines and needing written permission to open your curtains (sorry, drapes)...

similar happened to us that's why i mentioned the hoa in my earlier post....at closing if they have not been given to you by your realtor then you are legally allowed to delay or walk from the purchase... in our case we were given hoa papers but only found out 4 mths later after we had completely remodelled the house prior to moving in that they were the wrong hoa papers...we sued our realtor and won! luckily we were able to buy another one and will now put that one up for sale.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 8:45 pm
Account Closed

I won't go anywhere near those wannabe Nazi's!

No HOA anywhere near me, thankyouverymuch.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 8:47 pm
Account Closed

I won't go anywhere near those wannabe Nazi's!

No HOA anywhere near me, thankyouverymuch.
i'm certainly not in favour of hoa however here in houston without them then then for sure it's no go areas :scared:
Old Feb 27th 2006, 8:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TruBrit
i'm certainly not in favour of hoa however here in houston without them then then for sure it's no go areas :scared:
Blooming 'heck. Why did you go and put that scary one on?

Thankfully here there are plenty of good neighbhoods around without you having to put up with the Goebbel-actalikes. (think retired, have-bugger-all-to-do former attorneys et al?)......
Old Feb 27th 2006, 8:56 pm
Account Closed

Blooming 'heck. Why did you go and put that scary one on?

Thankfully here there are plenty of good neighbhoods around without you having to put up with the Goebbel-actalikes. (think retired, have-bugger-all-to-do former attorneys et al?)......

have you been to houston

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.