Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Taylor Woodrow

Taylor Woodrow

Old Feb 27th 2006, 4:18 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Taylor Woodrow

Does anyone own/has anyone ever owned a Taylor Woodrow house?

We are looking at buying one & were wondering whether anyone could give us any advice or information about them. Anything to look out for? Thanx in advance for your help.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 4:20 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taylor Woodrow

Originally Posted by Partystar
No, but i bought his first album.
Found it a bit depressing to be honest
Old Feb 27th 2006, 4:34 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

We are looking at buying one & were wondering whether anyone could give us any advice or information about them. Anything to look out for? Thanx in advance for your help.

check this out... http://www.hobb.org/hobbv2/index.php...ook&Itemid=224

not used the website myself but might give you some info.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 4:37 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

We are looking at buying one & were wondering whether anyone could give us any advice or information about them.
Hope you're not going anywhere near a new home builder without your own representation? That's a recipe for disaster. And if you have your own representation, they should know something about the local builders...
Old Feb 27th 2006, 4:39 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Hope you're not going anywhere near a new home builder without your own representation? That's a recipe for disaster. And if you have your own representation, they should know something about the local builders...
Well they have that clause about if you don't take your Realtor the first time...blah blah blah, so...any suggestions, as we didn't take her. I'm new to this whole house buying crap!!!
Old Feb 27th 2006, 4:42 pm
Account Closed

Well they have that clause about if you don't take your Realtor the first time...blah blah blah, so...any suggestions, as we didn't take her. I'm new to this whole house buying crap!!!

nahh don't trust any of them .. take a realtor and check them out as well and do all your own homework...
Old Feb 27th 2006, 4:43 pm
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by TruBrit
check this out... http://www.hobb.org/hobbv2/index.php...ook&Itemid=224

not used the website myself but might give you some info.
Cheers mate!

I did a search & it didn't bring them up, so maybe that's a good thing?!?!
Old Feb 27th 2006, 4:46 pm
Account Closed

Cheers mate!

I did a search & it didn't bring them up, so maybe that's a good thing?!?!

if you can afford it use a real estate attorney to look at the small print....read all homeowners rules and regs well before closing......has been know many times to take advantage of newbies to the housing market
Old Feb 27th 2006, 4:50 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Not a wise move if you don't understand how it works over here. Your buyer's agent works for you (supposedly!) and costs you nowt. The seller's (builder's) agent works for the builder and has been instructed to smile and fleece you dry. Now you've been in on your own, your agent won't be able to represent you there. Personally, would forget these builders now.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 4:54 pm
Account Closed

Not a wise move if you don't understand how it works over here. Your buyer's agent works for you (supposedly!) and costs you nowt. The seller's (builder's) agent works for the builder and has been instructed to smile and fleece you dry. Now you've been in on your own, your agent won't be able to represent you there. Personally, would forget these builders now.
true ...love the 'supposedly' above....they all work for themselves and look after number 1 so you must be represented and spend time reading about how buying/selling works ...lots of info on the computer thank goodness for computers
Old Feb 27th 2006, 4:58 pm
Back where I belong!

I had suspected it could be trouble, but it wasn't until after the fact, but was not really aware of the implications of not taking our agent with us the first time. As we have a little boy, we can't always plan things ahead like most can. We weren't even sure if we could afford the houses or if we'd even like them, so we just stopped by one day.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 4:58 pm
Septicity

true ...love the 'supposedly' above....they all work for themselves and look after number 1 so you must be represented
Yep. But at least you can sue 'em if it goes tits up. The builder's agent has no fiduciary duty to you whatsoever.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 5:00 pm
Back where I belong!

if you can afford it use a real estate attorney to look at the small print....read all homeowners rules and regs well before closing......has been know many times to take advantage of newbies to the housing market
I always read everything, especially when signing is involved. I wasn't aware of the 'bringing your Realtor' thing, but we do have one. I'm pretty sure the sales agent asked me whether we had a Realtor & I told her yes, she never mentioned it again!!!
Old Feb 27th 2006, 5:01 pm
Septicity

I had suspected it could be trouble, but it wasn't until after the fact, but was not really aware of the implications of not taking our agent with us the first time. As we have a little boy, we can't always plan things ahead like most can. We weren't even sure if we could afford the houses or if we'd even like them, so we just stopped by one day.
First job on the house hunting tour is to start the loan process and find out how much you can afford. Second is to get your representative to earn their commission by giving you a list of the houses that you can afford in your area that meet your spec. Only after these two are done can you actually go and look.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 5:02 pm
Account Closed

I. We weren't even sure if we could afford the houses or if we'd even like them, so we just stopped by one day.
if you do it again tell them anything but the truth...tell them your just looking and your mr and mrs jones..lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.