Reload this Page >

TAX Returns + Spouse Visa Application

TAX Returns + Spouse Visa Application

Old Apr 6th 2002, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

bwelburn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TAX Returns + Spouse Visa Application

Hi,

I am going through the spouse visa appliaction at US Embassy in London and have a question regarding tax returns for the affidavit of support.

Both my wife (USC) and joint sponsor (USC) filed their US Tax returns in Puerto Rico and so the forms are in Spanish.

Will this cause a problem when I get to the interview?

Should I try to get hold of a translated version of the forms that they have used?

thanks in advance
Old Apr 6th 2002, 1:11 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TAX Returns + Spouse Visa Application

Numbers are the same in spanish as in english. The form has to be exactly the same as the english version so I don't see that there will be problem. Provide a blank 1040 in english along with the spanish version.
Old Apr 6th 2002, 1:50 pm
Alvena Ferreira

bwelburn wrote:
    > I am going through the spouse visa appliaction at US Embassy in London and have a
    > question regarding tax returns for the affidavit of support. Both my wife (USC) and
    > joint sponsor (USC) filed their US Tax returns in Puerto Rico and so the forms are
    > in Spanish. Will this cause a problem when I get to the interview? Should I try to
    > get hold of a translated version of the forms that they have used?
    >
I would have them translated. Alvena

See the Doc Steen site here:
http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm I am not a lawyer, and this
is not immigration advice. The information I provide is mostly gleaned from old
newsgroup posts and visa links on the internet. If you want or need a lawyer, go to:
http://www.aila.org

Old Apr 6th 2002, 11:41 pm
Rick Bohn

Hi, I will tell you with my experiences in that my wife is Ukrainian and the INS and
the consulate where she will have her interview expressly state that all documents be
translated to English along with the originals. Hope this helps. Rick "bwelburn"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am going through the spouse visa appliaction at US Embassy in London and have a
    > question regarding tax returns for the affidavit of support.
    >
    > Both my wife (USC) and joint sponsor (USC) filed their US Tax returns in Puerto
    > Rico and so the forms are in Spanish.
    >
    > Will this cause a problem when I get to the interview?
    >
    > Should I try to get hold of a translated version of the forms that they have used?
    >
    > thanks in advance
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Brian
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 8th 2002, 6:53 am
Mrtravel

Call INS for tax transcripts.

Old Apr 8th 2002, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

gilliankennedy is an unknown quantity at this point

did you send copies of documentation needed with your OF 169 form??