Tax returns

Old Jun 10th 2010, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

Mattflax is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tax returns

Hi - I filed my tax returns in London for the last 3 years (2555 and 1040), and asked to have receipt of these for my wife's interview for US spouse visa. They have told me however that they have been sent to US to be processed and I will have to wait a number of weeks/months before I can get a transcipt. Can my wife just provide a photocopy of all the tax returns in the interview, but with no proof that they have actually been RECEIVED by the IRS?
Have an email from the IRS saying they've been received, so maybe if she took this with the photocopies, that would be enough?

Many thanks
Old Jun 10th 2010, 1:55 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tax returns

Yes, the photocopies will be fine since you are not and cannot use your foreign based income for the I-864 affidavit of support unless you can prove it is going to continue from the same source when you return to the US.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

Mattflax is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tax returns

Originally Posted by Rete
Yes, the photocopies will be fine since you are not and cannot use your foreign based income for the I-864 affidavit of support unless you can prove it is going to continue from the same source when you return to the US.
Perfect thanks for the quick reply. Can go back to worrying about everything else we need to provide! Matt